Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test or CG PET is the state-level entrance test that is conducted by the CG PEB or Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board also called CG Vyapam. The main purpose of CG PEB behind the commencement of this exam is to select eligible individuals for admission in the undergraduate engineering courses offered by the various private or government located in the state of Chhattisgarh. Qualified candidates of this entrance test will be granted admission in various courses such as engineering courses, dairy technology, and agricultural engineering courses. However, in order to participate in this CG PET 2024, candidates will have to go through the application process. They need to apply for the exam first and then only they will be allowed to appear in the same.
We also suggest the participants to go through the eligibility criteria before proceeding to the registration form filling. Candidates may find the eligibility criteria in the post below.
CG PET 2024 Highlights
|Exam Name||CG PET|
|Full-Form of the Exam||Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test|
|Conducting Body||Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CPEB) or CG Vyapam|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Category||Engineering Entrance Exams|
CG PET 2024 Important Dates
|Beginning of the online application form process||May 2024|
|Last date for submitting an online application form||June 2024|
|Application correction window||June 2024|
|Admit card release date||To be Announced|
|Exam date||To be Announced|
|Announcement of the result||To be Announced|
|Counselling date||To be Announced|
- Nationality: Applier should be an Indian subject.
- Domicile: He/she should be a permanent/ local resident of the state of Chhattisgarh and will hold possess a domicile certificate of Chhattisgarh state.
- Agricultural Engineering: Candidates who have successfully cleared his/ her 10+2 level exams or its equivalent exam with 45% marks (40% for OBC/ ST/ SC/ PH) with Physics, Chemistry, Arithmetic, and one alternative business subject from Chhattisgarh Board or its equivalent Board, are eligible to apply for the exam. The age of the applicant should be above sixteen years at the time of admission.
- Dairy Technology: Appliers must pass 12th level exams or their equivalent with 50% marks (40% for OBC/ ST/ SC/ PH) with Physics, Chemistry, Arithmetic, and English subjects from Chhattisgarh Board or its equivalent Board. The age of the entrants must be over seventeen years at the time of admission.
- Engineering: In order to get admission to an engineering program, one must pass his/ her intermediate level exams or its equivalent with 45% marks (40% for OBC/ ST/ SC/ PH) in Physics, Chemistry, Arithmetic, and any one alternative business subject from Chhattisgarh Board or its equivalent Board.
- Appearing: Candidates going to attend their final year exam may apply too.
CG PET 2024 Application Form
- The Application form will be released through online mode via the authorized web portal of CG PEB or CG Vyapam i.e. www.vyapam.cgstate.gov.in.
- The application form will be released for eligible candidates only, so candidates must make sure their eligibility criteria are satisfied before applying for the exam.
- Candidates must fill up the application form very properly though the authorities of CG PET will also provide the correction facility to edit the application form.
- Candidates must fill out the application form before the last date of submission as the authority will not allow the candidates to submit form after the last prescribed date.
- The application process will be regulated till the month of August 2024
- We advise the candidates to keep a print copy of the duly filled application form and fee confirmation slip for future references.
Submit the registration fees both online as well as offline modes. Utilize facilities such as Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, and Challan payment gateways for the transaction of application fee. Candidates holding a domicile certificate of Chhattisgarh state are not required to pay any application fee.
|General candidates||INR 200/-|
|OBC candidates||INR 150/-|
|SC/ ST/ PH candidates||INR 100/-|
- The Exam will be commenced in offline mode i.e. written method.
- A total of 150 questions will be asked in the queries paper.
- The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) will be presented in the question paper.
- Both the languages i.e. English & Hindi will be available in the paper.
- The exam will be commenced only for 3 hours.
- The question paper will consist of a total of 150 marks, wherein 1 mark will be attained by the candidate for each correct answer.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum marks|
CG PET 2024 Results
The Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CGPEB) will likely publish the results within the last week of September 2024 expectedly. Through the login window of the CG PEB website, candidates will be able to attain their results and transfer their record book. One just needs to input their roll range to get the result and transfer the scorecard/ rank card.
Along with the declaration of results, the CG Vyapam Board will also upload the answer key on their website. A merit list will be published on the website consistent with the ranks assigned to the participants in the entrance exam. The candidates will be called for counseling method.