The Education Department, UT Chandigarh is the authority that carries out the admission process for class 11th in Chandigarh government schools. Admission will be offered in streams namely Science, Arts, Commerce, and Skill Courses in 40 Government senior secondary Schools in the state of Chandigarh. The online application process will take place via online mode. Candidates are suggested to check their eligibility norms as set by Chandigarh Government in order to fill the application form. The detailed information about the Chandigarh Government School Admission for Class 11th is provided in the complete article.
Chandigarh Government School Admission 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Chandigarh Government School Class 11th Admission 2023|
|Conducting body||Education Department, UT Chandigarh|
|Selection||Based on the marks acquired by the candidate in class 10th, stream preference and availability of seats|
Chandigarh Government Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Availability of online application form||July|
|Last date of application form submission||August|
|Allotment schools and streams display||September|
|Submission of objections via email||September|
|Display of allotment schools and streams||To be announced|
|Allotment list||To be announced|
|Fee deposition and documents verification||September|
|Commencement of classes||To be announced|
Chandigarh Government School Application Form
- One can avail of the application form online through the official website of the Education Department in Chandigarh.
- It is advised to keep all the documents ready before filling out the application form.
- Upload all the scanned copies of the documents as per the prescribed formats in the registration.
- Candidates can fill in only one registration form for all the streams. (Make sure to fill the form as per the preferred stream).
- Students will get 20 options for different schools/ streams in the registration form.
- Those candidates who score more than 60% need to fill a minimum of 10 options for schools and streams. Candidates with less than 60% are required to fill at least 15 options.
- The application form remains incomplete without the payment of the application fee. So students can make the payment of the application fee as per the available modes.
- Class 10th Mark sheet.
- Scanned passport-sized photograph
- Identity Proof – Birth Certificate.
- Valid Mobile no. and email id.
- Banking details for payment.
- Educational Requirement: Those who successfully pass class 10th (SSC Exam) from a recognized school are eligible.
- Required percentage: He/ She must have obtained 60% marks are eligible.
Allotment of Seats
After the successful ending of the application process and the release of the merit list, the seat allotment process will take place. Since the registration will be done only for one stream, thus students will be allotted to one school and one stream only. The seat allotment process will be done in the following ways:
- Position in Common Merit list
- School and stream in order of preference
- Seat availability in a particular school
- A Candidate will be enrolled in one school and in one stream only. A list displaying the allotment of schools and streams will be uploaded on the website of the educational department.
- Additionally, names of all those students who have been allotted seats in various schools will also be mentioned in the list.
|Children of Defence/ Paramilitary||5%|
|Freedom fighter’s children/ grandchildren||2%|
|Kashmiri migrants||1 add seat/ per sections|
Apart from the above-mentioned seat reservation, 10 seats are reserved in Skill Courses for Muslim girls in GSSS-45 & GSSSManimajraTown. For sports quota, 1 1 Seats are reserved for hockey Academy (Boys) in GMSSS-37 D, Chandigarh, & 02 seats are reserved for Hockey Academy (Girls) in GGMSSS-18, Chandigarh, irrespective of the marks acquired by these players.