CUSAT 2024: Cochin Institute of Science and Technology organizes an entrance exam namely CUSAT CAT (Common Admission Test). Students who are willing to get admission to the Cochin Institute of Technology may apply for the entrance exam by filling CUSAT Exam 2024 application form on or before the end date. The schedule of important events will be announced soon by the Cochin Institute of Science and Technology. The institute is situated in Kerala and has 3 campuses out of which one is located in Alappuzha, Inland, and two are located in Kochi. This university is known to offer courses in various specializations such as science and engineering degrees at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. Besides this, commerce, industry, humanities, law & management programs are also offered there.
As of now admission in both the UG and PG courses is provided on the basis of CUSAT CAT at the university level. Moreover, eligible candidates will also get admission to this college for post-graduate engineering courses on the basis of their GATE score and MAT score.
To obtain more information about CUSAT CAT 2024 such as Important Activities, Eligibility Criteria, Process to Apply, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, and Results, read the entire data provided below.
CUSAT 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||CUSAT CAT 2024|
|Conducting Body||Cochin University of Science & Technology|
|Full form of Exam||CUSAT Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Types of Exam||UG & PG Level|
|Category||Management and Engineering|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Mode of Application form||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
CUSAT 2024 Important Dates
|Events||Exam Dates (Expected)|
|Official Notification Release Date||March 2024|
|Online Registration Form Start Date||March 2024|
|Last date to Submit Registration Form without late penalty of fee||March 2024|
|Last date of application with Late Fee of Rs.100/-)||April 2024|
|Remittance of the online fee||March 2024|
|Online registration for seats reserved for International applicants||March 2024|
|Online Registration to M.Tech course||March 2024|
|Issuance of applications for Ph.D course||May 2024|
|Availability of Admit Card||May 2024|
|CUSAT CAT 2024 Exam Date||July 2024|
|Answer Key Publishes on||Released Soon|
|Result Release Date||Released Soon|
CUSAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
We have provided complete eligibility criteria for CUSAT both UG and PG courses:
For UG Courses:
- A candidate should pass the 10+2 exam from a recognized board or university with the necessary requisite subjects.
- It is crucial to score at least 50% marks in their qualifying examination.
- Applicants should not hold any backlog in 10+2, otherwise, they are not eligible to apply.
For PG Courses:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the required field should be there.
- The minimum marks required for a qualifying bachelor’s degree should be 60%.
CUSAT 2024 Application Form
Follow the entire application guidelines as stated below for CUSAT 2024 Application Form:
- Visit the official website of CUSAT i.e. cusat.nic.in.
- On the home page, click on the “Admission” tab shown on the menu bar.
- Check out the links carefully given in the drop-down menu.
- Read the details and instructions for filling up the registration form.
- Enter all the required particulars for registration.
- Upon the successful completion of the registration process, the user will get a one-time password on the registered mail ID/mobile number.
- After CUSAT Registration is successful, candidates can log in online to fill CUSAT CAT Application form.
- Fill in the required information about the applicant in the application form.
- Select two exam centers for appearing in the same.
- Upload scanned images by pressing the upload button.
- Make the application fee payment for CUSAT CAT 2024 Online Form fee with the help of credit card/debit card/net banking or through Demand Draft.
- Individuals can submit the Application fee after two working days from the date of registration.
- Upload the scanned images of clearly visible passport-size photos and signatures as per the specifications.
- Hit the “Browse” option.
- Choose the path of the signature and photograph on the device and upload it.
- In the end, take out the print of the confirmation slip which will be required at the time of admission /counseling.
The non-refundable/non-transferable application fee for CUSAT CAT 2024 will be paid online mode using a credit card/ debit card or net banking.
|General category candidates||Rs. 1,000|
|SC/ ST category candidates||Rs. 500|
|NRI candidates||Rs. 5,000|
|Candidates belonging to KSC/ KST||Rs. 5,500|
|International candidates||US$ 100|
- CUSAT CAT 2024 exams are always organized via online modes, no offline modes are available, therefore for the year 2024, it will be organized via CBT mode only.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes.
- CUSAT entrance exam question paper consists of a total no. of 750 marks.
- A total of 250 objective-type multiple choice questions will be there in the paper.
- Each correct answer in the queries paper will gain 3 marks and for every incorrect answer, the entrant will lose 1 mark as per negative marking criteria.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
BBA/ B.Com/ LLB (Hons.):
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Ability in reasoning and logical thinking||50|
|General knowledge and current affairs||25|
CUSAT 2024 Results
The Result for CUSAT 2024 will be prepared by the authority of Cochin University of Science and Technology on the basis of the final answer key. The official authority of CUSAT CAT will release the outcome for every exam participated candidates individually through online mode. Participants of the exam can download their results after a month from the commencement of the exam.
CUSAT 2024 results will not be sent via post or any other offline mode to the candidates separately. They need to download the result itself by login into the website of Cochin University of Science and Technology.