HBCSE PRMO 2023: MTA (Mathematics Teachers Association) will soon release the online registration forms for PRMO (Pre-Regional Mathematics Teachers’ Association). The forms will be released on the official website i.e. www.ioqexam.in. It is open for the students from classes 8th to 12th. Students of NIOS are also eligible for PRMO exam registration 2023. For PRMO Registration, candidates need to pay a registration fee of Rs 200 in online mode. Candidates need to keep the registration number secure to check the result online later. Only those students who fill up the PRMO form will be able to download the admit card.
It must be clarified that the PRMO test name has been changed to the Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics (IOQM). The basic motive behind the exam conduction is to select the best students in the nation and prepare them for various international-level competitions. This exam was first formulated in the year 2012 to encourage participation and to find the most talented students nationwide. The students should be aware of all the topics given in the PRMO syllabus in order to prepare well for the exam and clear it accordingly. They are suggested to solve the previous year’s questions and sample papers to understand the PRMO examination patterns, questions type, difficulty level, etc. Here in this post we have mentioned more information such as important dates, eligibility criteria, registration process, exam pattern, exam syllabus, results, and more.
HBCSE PRMO 2023 Overview
|Full Exam Name||Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Mathematical Olympiad|
|Commonly Known as||HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad|
|Also Known As||PRMO|
|Now Known As||IOQM (PRMO+RMO)|
|PRMO Full Form||Pre-Regional Mathematical Olympiad|
|Conducting Organization||Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education|
|Frequency of Exam Conduction||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Application Fee (General)||230 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
HBCSE PRMO 2023 Important Dates
|PRMO registration starting date||4th week of September 2022|
|last date to register||3rd week of November 2022|
|Exam date||2nd week of January 2023|
|PRMO 2023 result date||February 2023|
Details of Examination
In case there are less than 300 participants appearing in the HBCSE PRMO exam, then the maximum number of students qualifying for the exam will be 50.
The merit certificate holder in INMO 2022 will not be eligible to appear for PROMO/RMO. Such students can directly appear for INMO 2023. Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep have been included in the Tamil Nadu and Kerala region. Sikkim will be a separate region.
- The registration forms will only be filled out by those candidates who satisfy the age requirements as prescribed by the PRMO.
- Only Indian citizens and OCI cardholders will be eligible to fill up the HBCSE Registration Form.
- OCI cardholders are unable to compete for the Indian team in the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO).
- The candidate must be born on or after August 1, 2000.
- Students from classes 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th can appear for PRMO 2022.
- An overseas citizen of India is also allowed to appear for HBCSE 2023.
HBCSE PRMO 2023 Registration Forms
The registration forms are accessible online. From now, NIOS students can also register for the PRMO 2023 as well. In order to fill up and submit the PRMO application form 2023, follow the complete procedure given below:
- Students can collect a print copy of the PRMO application form 2023 by downloading the document in PDF format.
- Fill up the registration forms will all the correct information as requested.
- Registration centers should get duly filled PRMO registration form 2023.
- Candidates need to make the offline payment of the registration fee.
- During the registration process, candidates will get the registration centers on their personal registered email and phone number.
- A list of “PRMO registration centers” will be listed on the official website.
The PRMO exam is a 3 years duration. It will include a total number of 30 questions. Candidates have to provide each answer on the OMR sheet. The candidate has to provide every answer to the question in numerical form as well as the appropriate bubble should be darkened.
The distribution of questions is mentioned below.
|Question 1-6||2 Marks Each|
|Question 7-21||3 Marks Each|
|Question 22-30||5 Marks Each|
Candidates must prepare the below mentioned important topics while preparing for Pre-RMO 2023:
- Quadratic equations and expressions
- Coordinate geometry
- Finite series
- Complex numbers
- Linear equations
- Permutations and combination
- Factorization of polynomial
- Elementary combinatorics
- Probability theory and number theory
- Elementary graph theory
The Mathematics Teachers Association (MTA) is responsible for announcing the results on their official website. Students need to follow the below-given procedure to check their HBCSE PRMO result online:
- Go to the main portal of the Mathematics Teachers’ Association (MTA).
- Then move further to the Activities section, then click on Exams and then PRMO.
- The results link for PRMO 2023 will be shown on the page in the announcement section.
- Candidates will be redirected to the results page with a list of participants for each region.
- Check for your result as per your roll number.