IGNOU BLIS Admission 2023: IGNOU provides a variety of library programs, which are among the most popular in recent years. Upon completing a distance learning librarian degree from IGNOU, one may work from home as a librarian. IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University, and it is a Central University administered by the Indian government. It was titled after Mrs. Indira Gandhi, India’s former Prime Minister, and it proclaims to be the world’s biggest higher education institution. It was founded to provide distant and open learning to the Indian public. This institution offers a variety of online learning programs, one of which is the Library program.
In subsequent years, the Library program has become quite popular. Learners are becoming more competitive for numerous tests, necessitating the use of textbooks and study materials. A learner’s first stop while looking for a resource in the library. Advanced technologies have a significant influence on a librarian’s work. A librarian is a professional who has received specialized expertise in library science and is in charge of the operation of a library. Librarians are now referred to as “Information Managers,” “Information Scientists,” and “Cybarians.”
Either one of the given education qualifications is required for admission in the program.
- Undergraduate degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks
- Undergraduate degree with a library science specialization
- UG with two years of library and information reported experiencing.
IGNOU BLIS Admissions Procedure
The candidate must apply for admission online at ignou.ac.in, the authorized IGNOU portal. Entrance is granted on the basis of previous academic achievement. The program is given twice a year, in January and July. Entrance to the IGNOU BLIS program is based on merit. An applicant must follow the processes outlined below in order to be considered for the position:
- To begin, go to the university’s main webpage and download the registration form.
- Choose the educational counselor portal alternative from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select the registered option.
- After that, fill in the rest of the information.
- Then hit the “submit” to return to the main homepage.
- Pick the login option now.
- To conclude the login procedure, the applicant must input the right username, password, and security code/Captcha.
- The following step is to select the new application and click the “Agree and proceed” button.
- Now, one after the other, fill in the course and program information on this screen. Fill in all of your personal, educational, employment, and experience information accurately.
- Attach all of your photos, signatures, and papers after that.
- After that, choose “Save” from the drop-down menu.
- After that, take a close look at all of the apps. If there are any issues, rectify them before clicking the “final submit” option and submitting your application.
- A duplicate of your images.
- A duplicate of your signature.
- Your proof of age.
- All of your educational credentials, digitized in the prescribed format.
- A copy of your employment credentials or experience (if any).
- Your certificate of category.
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2023: Syllabus
This program’s admissions are open twice a year. There are nine classes in all. The five IGNOU BLIS Admission programs are practical, while the other three are theoretical. The whole BLIS (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) curriculum layout and course list, as well as the credit system, are shown below.
Every program has its own system of credit. IGNOU has established this approach for all programs, including BLIS so that learners would no longer have difficulty picking courses while applying for BLIS admission or re-registering for BLIS. BLIS (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) applicants must choose each of their needed credit courses. In order to finish the education, it is necessary to select a certain credit course each term/year.
- Communication SkillsBLI-225
- Library and Information Center Management BLIE-226
- Information Organization and Management BLI-223
- Fundamentals of Information and Communication Technology BLI-224
- Procedures for Document Processing BLIE-227
- Information Services and Products BLIE-228
- Information, Library, and Society BLI-221
- Sources and Services of Information BLI-222
- Libraries and ICT BLIE-229
IGNOU BLIS Assignments
Bachelor of Library and Information Science is a degree in library and information science. This program might take anything from one to four years to finish. The institution’s webpage or prospectus provides thorough information to applicants. Learners must go to the webpage and fill out all of the required information to submit an online form. Candidates may access all study materials on the IGNOU website. Learners will be taught using a distant education system so that they might keep track of everything. To acquire a thorough knowledge of the program, all you have to do is access the institution’s official webpage and acquire all of the necessary materials. Before completing a registration form, learners should review all course materials to acquire a comprehensive understanding of the course or program. Assignments are a kind of continual assessment. The grades you earn in the tasks will be included in your final grade.
Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc./ BLIS) is a degree in library and information literacy.IGNOU’s Bachelor of Library and Information Science program is one year long but may be finished in as little as four years. IGNOU provides a distant learning, online education. The Bachelor of Library and Information Science program costs Rs.6000.