IGNOU OPENMAT 2023 – Indira Gandhi National Open University OPENMAT Entrance Examination is conducted by NTA for admissions to MBA/PGDM courses at IGNOU. The exam will be organized in two phases and it is compulsory to qualify for both phases of the exam. After clearing both the phases, admission will be provided into management programs offered at IGNOU. All the mandatory information regarding IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 such as Application Form, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Eligibility is mentioned in the post below.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2023 Important Dates
|Application form release date||February 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||March 2023|
|Last date to submit the application fee||March 2023|
|Admit card release date||April 2023|
|Exam date||April 2023|
|Result declaration||April 2023|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2023 Application Form
- The application form can only be filled in online mode on the official website in February 2023.
- Candidates must submit the application form before March 2023.
- The Application procedure will include various steps like exam registration, entering personal and academic details, uploading documents (photograph, signature, and other documents), application verification, and fee payment.
Candidates also need to provide their email ID & contact details in the application form.
- Candidates will be able to pay the application fee via online mode using a credit card, debit card, or net banking. The Demand Draft can also be issued in favor of IGNOU payable at New Delhi. The application fee will be non-refundable.
- Lastly, candidates must take a printout of the duly filled application form for future use.
|For the General/OBC category||Rs. 800/-|
|For SC/ST/EWS category||Rs. 600/-|
- The candidate must have completed graduation (Including Company Secretaryship/Chartered Accountancy/Cost Accountancy) with 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category) from a recognized university.
- Candidates who have already appeared in the MAT or CAT examination do not need to appear for IGNOU OPENMAT.
- There are no age criteria required.
- The examination will be held offline mode.
- The exam duration is 180 minutes.
- Sections in the exam: There will be 4 sections in the exam i.e. General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and English Language.
- Total questions will be 200.
- Total marks will be 200.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
General Awareness: Books and Authors, Current affairs, Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture, etc.), Important schemes, Sports, General Science, Industry, Trade, etc.
Logical Reasoning: Assertion and reasons, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Cause and Effect, Coding and decoding, Critical reasoning, Family tree, Statements and assumptions, Statements and conclusions, Symbol Based problems, Visual reasoning
Quantitative Ability: Algebra, Ratios and Proportions, LCM, HCF, Statistics, Mean, mode, median, Permutations, combinations, Progressions, Arithmetic Progression, Geometric Progression, Geometry, Number Systems, Trigonometry, etc.
English Language: Reading and Comprehension, Grammar, Fill in the blanks, Sentence Correction, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2023 Result
The result will be declared on the official website of NTA. After the commencement of the entrance exam, the result will be released on the official website of the National Testing Agency. Those candidates who will qualify for the entrance examination will move further to GD and PI rounds. The result can be checked by entering your roll number and registration number.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: When will OPENMAT online registration begin?
Ans. It will begin in the month of February 2023.
Question: Who will conduct OPENMAT?
Ans. CMAT 2021 will be conducted by the NTA- National Testing Agency.
Question: Where will the online application forms be released?
Ans. Applicants can fill the form on the official website of NTA..
Question: What is the mode of OPENMAT examination?
Ans. It is conducted through offline mode.