IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing: Indira Gandhi National Open University conducts OPENNET entrance exam for admission into Post Basic B.Sc Nursing. The duration of this course is 2 years and seat intake is 650. The application form for the same will be released soon. You can check all the details for example application form, eligibility criteria, exam dates, exam pattern, result, etc. Go through the full article below.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2023 Important Dates
|Application form releases||March 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||March 2023|
|Availability of admit card||April 2023|
|Entrance exam date||April 2023|
|Result declaration||To be announced|
- The age limit is not a barrier to apply for this course.
- Candidate must have passed class 12th with 3 years diploma in general nursing and GNM with a minimum of 2 years experience in nursing.
- Applicants who have completed class 11th are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a science stream in their qualifying exam.
- Before registering as a midwife or nurse under the state nursing council, candidates must gain experience of a minimum of one year.
- The male applicants who want to apply must have a certificate in any of the nursing courses. The duration of these courses should be about 6 to 9 months.
- Nurses who have passed class 12th and have a diploma in GNM should have work experience of at least two years and they must come under R.N.R.M.
- The in-service nurses who have cleared class 10th or its equivalent and holds a diploma in GNM must have work experience of 5 years.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2023 Application Form
The application form will be filled in both offline and online mode. Applicants are required to follow the steps given below in order to fill the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Application form 2023:
- Applicants have to visit the official website to fill the form. In the case of offline mode, the application form can be collected at the university’s sales counter.
- Candidates are required to fill in their personal and academic details in the application form. And they must provide their valid email id and phone number in the application form. Along with that scanned passport size photograph of the candidate and signature should also be uploaded in the specified format.
- They will have to upload all the documents that are asked in the application form.
- A demand draft of Rs. 1250 should be submitted along with the form in favor of IGNOU payable at New Delhi.
- Candidates need to pay the application fee through their credit card, debit card, or net banking. The application fee will be non-refundable.
- Lastly, candidates must take out a few prints of the application form for further use.
|Mode of Exam||Offline (OMR sheet)|
|Types of Questions||Objective- Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every right answer (No negative marking)|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Fee 2023
|Post Basic B.Sc Nursing||INR 18,000 PA|
|Total fee||INR 36,000|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Result
The examination result will be declared online on the official website of the university. Candidates can check the result by entering the registration number and the roll number. The students must download a copy of their results for future reference. After the result declaration, the counseling process for the qualified candidates will take place at all the IGNOU regional centers.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official web portal of IGNOU?
Ans. The official website is www.ignou.ac.in
Question: When will the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing online Registration starts?
Ans. In the 1st week of March 2023.
Question: When will the admit card be released?
Ans. In the 1st week of April 2023.
Question: What is the mode of result declaration?
Ans. The result will be announced on the authorized website – www.ignou.ac.in
Question: What is the mode of application fee payment?
Ans. The application fee can be paid by debit card, credit card, or internet banking.
Question: In which mode, the entrance exam will be held?
Ans. The entrance test will be conducted through offline mode.