The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) was founded by an Act of Parliament in 1985 as a National Open University. IGNOU is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and is on an equal footing with the corresponding qualifications, doctorates, and certificates authorized by all Indian universities, deemed universities, and other institutions, among others. The University functions via its Schools of Studies, which are dedicated to the development of multidisciplinary courses. Each Department is led by a Director who plans the organization of its educational programs and curriculum in collaboration with the department’s professors and staff, as well as with the University’s other educational, managerial, and support units. The focus is on delivering a diverse range of programs at various levels. Check here for details about IGNOU Prospectus 2023.
IGNOU Prospectus 2023: Admission Procedure
- Applicants may now get a free hardcopy of the Prospectus by accessing the university’s website at www.ignou.edu/prospectus. The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) does not anymore cost a fee to obtain a brochure or student manual via their webpage.
- While registering in an IGNOU course for the very first moment, an enrollment cost of Rs. 200 will be charged in addition to the course price, which is non-refundable. As a bonus, the brochure is available at all IGNOU Regional Centers throughout India, so you may take it home from whichever IGNOU Regional Center is the most convenient for you.
- For the time being, the Prospectus is only available in two languages: English and Hindi. Choose your preferred language from the list of available options and start downloading it to your chosen gadget.
- In the case of foreign applicants, the Application Forms may be uploaded electronically using the Online Application System, which can be found at http://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in.
- Presently, the service is accessible for all courses provided via the Standard Prospectus, with the exception of those that are based on merit or admission exam scores.
- Potential students are needed to establish a user ID and password in order to enter into the system, as well as submit the relevant paperwork including the receipt of the Application for Admission. To avoid having to submit the printed version of the Application Form to the Regional Center, please do not do so.
- Net banking, debit/credit card, and UPI are all acceptable methods for paying the course fee digitally using the Transaction Portal. Again when the application form has been completed online, the applicants will be able to follow the status of their application for enrollment.
- Once admittance is verified, a message is delivered to the mobile phone number and email address that have been registered with the System.
- In the event that there is a difference in the Registration Form, new students are recommended to correct the error within a certain time period. Failure to do so will result in the rejection of the application form.
IGNOU Prospectus 2023 Details
Indira Gandhi National Open University is one of India’s most prestigious institutions, having received multiple awards and been certified by NAAC with an A++ grade. The institution provides over 227 courses in 21 distinct disciplines, making it necessary to keep track of all of the material in several prospectuses. IGNOU’s prospectus contains all relevant details, such as the university’s history, faculty, and recognition, as well as the qualifying requirements, fee schedule, syllabus or content, and length of all programs.
Aside from that, you may learn about regulations and processes, examination fees, admittance processes, all self-study resources, project submission methods, scholarship programs, regional offices, and so on. Applicants from all around the nation may apply for admission to the university’s numerous courses, which include Bachelor’s Degree, Postgraduate Degree, Diploma, and Certificate courses, among others.
- The Bachelor Degree Programme (BDP),
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.),
- Bachelor of Arts (BA),
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com),
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed),
- BBA in Retailing (BBARL),
- Bachelor of Tourism Studies (BTS),
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA),
- Post basic b.sc nursing (BSCN(PB)),
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW),
- Master of Arts (MA),
- Master of Science (M.Sc.),
- Master of Social Work (MS)
Steps to Download the prospectus
To get the most recent brochure, mail a Demand Draft (DD) for the authorized amount made payable to Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi to the Registrar (Student Registration Division), Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-68. For the brochure, the “Fees” are determined by the department for which you are obtaining the prospectus.
The IGNOU Brochure is not difficult to get, and applicants may finish the procedure in a matter of minutes with a few keystrokes. To begin, go to the IGNOU’s online webpage and afterward tap on the choice “Student Zone” on the main page, followed by the downloading selection from the fall menu. Prospectuses will be available on the website in a number of different formats, and you will be required to pick the prospectus that corresponds to your degree and year.
The IGNOU prospectus is accessible on the university’s authorized webpage, and applicants may get it quickly and conveniently. The prospectus is provided free of charge by IGNOU, and applicants can obtain all relevant details about the university and its curriculum without incurring any additional costs.
The most significant feature of the IGNOU prospectus is that it contains all of the necessary knowledge about the IGNOU and its programs in one convenient location. You may get information such as a curriculum, resources of course materials, a cost schedule, and so on.