The Income Tax Department will release the official notification regarding the income tax recruitment 2023 on its official website. Those candidates who are well qualified and interested can complete the application form filling process by visiting the official website at www.incometaxindia.gov.in. Before registering online, candidates must gather all the knowledge regarding vacancy release, eligibility, exam details, and more. The Income Tax Department will release the vacancy for various posts including Tax Assistant, MTS, Steno, Income Tax Officer, etc. This recruitment drive is conducted to hire young eligible and qualified Indian Nationals. Those who are looking for jobs in IT Department must apply for this job.
Candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized educational university are eligible to apply online for this recruitment drive. The exam pattern will be objective in nature and will be organized through computer-based test mode. It will be held in 4 stages. In order to get finally selected for the interview round, candidates need to qualify for all the 4 stages of the exam. We suggest the aspirants get complete details of the Income Tax Officer Recruitment 2023 such as exam schedule, eligibility criteria, the application process, application fee, exam pattern, and more from this article.
Income Tax Recruitment 2023 Overview
|Recruiting Authority||Income Tax Department, Government of India|
|Category of the Jobs||Central Government|
|Location of the jobs||All over India|
|Selection Process||Two-tier computer-based online test, Pen and Paper Based Descriptive Test, and Skill Test|
Income Tax Recruitment 2023 Important Dates
|Release of Official Notification||1st week of March 2023|
|Online Registration Window Opening||1st week of March 2023|
|Last Date for Fees Payment||3rd week of April 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||A week before the exam|
|Written Exam Date||To be announced|
|Release of Answer Key||To be announced|
|Release of Final Merit List||To be announced|
- Inspector of Income Tax Posts: A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- Tax Assistant Posts: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or its equivalent. Additionally, a Data Entry Speed of 8000 key Depressions per hour is also required.
- Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) Posts: A 10th pass or its equivalent pass candidate can apply.
- Stenographer Grade-II Posts: A 12th pass candidate or equivalent from a recognized board can apply. In addition to that, a Dictation Speed of 10 minutes i.e. 80 words per minute, and a Transcription Speed of 65 wpm in Hindi or 50 wpm in English on the computer is required.
- Senior Translator Posts: A postgraduate degree from a recognized university and a valid recognized certificate or diploma course in translation from English to Hindi & vice-versa.
- Inspector of Income Tax Vacancy: More than 18 years and less than 30 years of age.
- Stenographer Vacancy: More than 18 years and less than 27 years of age.
- Tax Assistant Vacancy: More than 18 years and less than 27 years of age.
- Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) Vacancy: More than 18 years and less than 25 years of age.
Relaxation in Age (Category-wise):
- Departmental Candidates of SC/ ST Category- 13 years.
- Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes Candidates- 10 years.
- Departmental Candidates of GEN, OBC & Other Categories- 08 years.
- Other Backward Class (OBC) Candidates- 05 years.
Income Tax Recruitment 2023 Application Form
To apply online for the desired post in Income Tax Department, candidates should go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the official website of Income Tax Officer Recruitment i.e. www.incometaxindia.gov.in.
- Choose the link for “Online Application.”
- Select the New Registration option.
- After that, submit all the required credentials details as asked in the form and important for document verification.
- Before submitting the final application, candidates must also crosscheck their details to avoid any blunder further.
- Upload the documents if asked in the form and pay the requisite application fee in online/ offline available modes.
Pattern of Exam
|Mode of Exam||Online||Online||Offline||Offline|
|Number of Sections||4||4||2||1|
|Sections||General Awareness and Current affairs, General Reasoning and Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, English Grammar and Comprehension||Quantitative Ability, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies, Finance, and Economics||Essay Writing: 200-250 words and Letter/ Application/ Precis Writing: 150-200 words||Skill test and CPT test|
|Questions in each section||25||Quantitative Ability- 100, English Language and Comprehension- 200, Statistics- 100, General Studies, Finance, and Economics- 100||2||None|
|Duration of the examination||1 hour||2 hours each||1 hour||Skill test- 15 minutes and CPT test- 30 minutes|
|Maximum Number of questions||100||200||2||None|
|Type of questions||Objective-based||Objective-based||Subjective-based||Skill-based|
|Maximum number of marks||200||1200||100||100|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark each for the right response and – 0.25 deduction for a wrong answer||+1 mark each for the right response and – 0.25 deduction for a wrong answer||Based on grammar and writing skills.||Based on grammar and typing skills.|
|Language of Paper||English and Hindi||Hindi and English||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
|Position||Monthly Pay (Approx.)||Pay Level|
|Income Tax Inspector||Rs.9300-34800||7|
The result of the Income Tax Officer Recruitment Examination will be uploaded on the official website of the Income Tax Department. The result will be issued via online mode, a month or two after the exam is held. The merit list for the skill test will be prepared by the officials of the Income Tax Department as per the result of the online computer-based test. Candidates will get selected for the recruitment according to the merit list owing to the different city standards.
1 thought on “Income Tax Recruitment 2023 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Vacancies”
Is class 12student eligible to join the income tax