INSPIRE basically is an acronym for Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research. Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India invites applications for INSPIRE scholarship every year. The officials of the scholarship notify applicants about the scholarship via an online mode. The objective of this scholarship is to help the meritorious students financially who are pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate courses in natural and basic sciences. Every year, 10,000 students get this golden opportunity to avail the benefits of this scholarship scheme. Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship via online mode. The scholarship will be valid for a maximum of five years. The officials will shortlist the candidates based on their application. Selected students will receive the scholarship in the form of cash for the duration of the scholarship.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2023 Highlights
|Scholarship Name||Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research Scholarship for Higher Education|
|Offered by||Department of Science and Technology, Government of India|
|Duration||Maximum 5 years|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|No. of scholarships||10, 000|
|Minimum Eligibility||10+ 2|
|Selection criteria||Application basis|
|Scholarship amount||INR 80,000 per annum|
INSPIRE Scholarship 2023 Schedule
|Application process starts||October 2023|
|Last date to apply||December 2023|
|Selection list release date||March 2023|
Eligible Courses for Scholarship
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Oceanic Sciences
- Candidates who have successfully cleared 10+2 and are pursuing courses in natural science can apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants have to be among the top 1% of the qualifying students in terms of aggregate marks in class 12th board exam are eligible.
- Candidates need to pursue the course in natural or basic science in the same passing year of class 12th.
- Those applicants who are among the top 10,000 rankers in the joint entrance exam or under 20000 in AIEEE can apply only if they pursue basic science at UG or PG level.
- Those students who are pursuing basic science or natural science from NISER, IISER, or the Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences at the University of Mumbai are eligible too.
- Those students who are pursuing courses in Natural/ Basic Sciences and have qualified below mentioned competitions are eligible:
- KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna)
- National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)
- Olympiad Medallists
- Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS)
Age limit: Applicants within the age group of 17 to 22 years can apply for this scholarship.
INSPIRE Scholarship Application Form 2023
- First of all, candidates have to register online through the official website of the DST (Department of Science & Technology).
- Upon registering, start filling the application form which is divided into six parts. Each part will be saved automatically when it is filled.
- You have to upload certain documents such as passport size photograph, caste certificate, advisory note, class 10th and 12th mark sheet, national competitive exams certificates, endorsement form, etc.
- Lastly, submit the form with correct and true information.
The beneficiary will get Rs. 80,000 per annum for a maximum period of 5 years only. The amount is distributed in the following ways:
- The amount of 60,000 will be awarded to each awardee annually in form of cash.
- Each beneficiary has to take up a summer research project under an active researcher in any recognized research center in India. A fee of Rs. 20,000 will be paid as mentorship every year for it.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
The officials of the scholarship issuing authority will evaluate the applications of the candidates based on the eligibility criteria. The authority will consider the applicant’s eligibility, aspirants rank or score, qualification for selection. DST will release a selection list with the names of the shortlisted candidates. The officials will release the list online mode on the official portal of INSPIRE. It is suggested that selected aspirants must download the provisional offer letter and upload the essential documents within the allotted time. Shortlisted applicants will receive the scholarship amount directly in their bank account of SBI through direct bank transfer (DBT) mode.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official website for INSPIRE Scholarship?
Ans. The official website is www.online-inspire.gov.in.
Question: What are the age criteria for this Scholarship?
Ans. The age of the applicant must fall between 17 to 22 years.
Question: What is the duration of the Scholarship?
Ans. The duration of this scholarship is up to 5 years.
Question: When will INSPIRE Scholarship Application process start?
Ans. The application process will start in the month of October 2023.
Question: What is the full form of INSPIRE?
Ans. The full form is Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research.