JNUEE 2023: Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) which was established in the year 1969 is one of the very reputed universities in New Delhi, India. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts an entrance test named JNUEE for admission to various undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs. The candidates who are interested in getting admission to Jawaharlal Nehru University can apply online. Therefore for detailed information regarding JNUEE 2023, go through the full article below.
JNUEE 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam||JNUEE- Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination|
|Conducting body||NTA- National Testing Agency|
|Level of exam||University level|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Courses offered||UG/PG, Doctoral Courses|
JNUEE 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration begins||1st week of March 2023|
|Last date of registration||4th week of March 2023|
|Admit card availability||15 days before the exam|
|Entrance exam date||1st week of June 2023|
|Results declaration||To be updated|
|Candidates shortlist for viva voice||To be updated|
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- There will be a minimum age criterion of 17 years as of 1st October for BA (Hons) courses. There is no age criteria for other courses.
For BA (Hons) courses
- Candidates should have secured 45% in class 12th from a recognized board.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final examination can also apply for JNUEE 2023.
- For admission into the 2nd year of the BA (Hons) course, candidates must hold a 1st-year bachelor’s degree with 45% marks.
MCA: Candidates must have done graduation with 55% marks in mathematics.
MTech: Candidates must have done engineering or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, and statistics from a recognized institute.
MA: Candidates must have completed graduation in any stream. He/She must have secured 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
JNUEE 2023 Application Form
- To apply online for admission, the candidates are required to log in to the official website of JNU.
- Secondly, applicants have to enter all their personal details, academic qualification, and communicational details.
- Candidates are also required to upload the scanned image of their recent passport size photographs and signatures in JPG format.
- The candidates are instructed to revise all the necessary details before submitting the application form.
- After submitting the application form the applicants are advised to take the printout of the duly filled application form for future use.
- Then, the candidates are required to pay the application fee to complete the process application process. The applicants can pay the fee online through credit/debit card or net banking and offline through E-challan.
- Meanwhile, candidates have a choice to apply for a maximum of three fields of study in the application form for the same level of the study program. However, the authority will not accept separate forms.
|No. of programs||M.A/M.Sc/M.Phil/MCA/M.Tech/PhD/MPH||BA(Hons) 1st/2nd-year programs/Part-time courses|
|1 program||INR 530/-||Rs. 310 (110 for BPL)||INR 400/-||INR 265 (110 for BPL)|
|2 program||INR 800/-||Rs. 415 (215 for BPL)||INR 575/-||INR 325 (125 for BPL)|
|3 program||INR 1000/-||Rs. 500 (300 for BPL)||INR 750/-||INR 380 (180 for BPL)|
Ph.D.: The candidates will be selected on the basis of their knowledge and awareness in the particular specialized area of their interest. However, the written test will include analytical and critical assessment-type questions.
B.A: The question will be from the subjects in the relevant graduation field.
B.Sc: Multiple Choice questions will cover topics from Physics, Mathematics, and Physical Chemistry of B. Sc. level.
B.A. (Hons.): The entrance test for B.A. (Hons.) foreign language course will include questions from General Knowledge, General English, and Elementary Knowledge section. The questions will be of MCQ type.
MCA: The questions will be covering topics from computer applications and Information Technology and it will be of MCQ type.
M.Tech in Computer Science and Technology: There will be objective-based questions and the total number of questions will be 100. One mark will be given for every right answer. There will be negative marking, 0.25 mark will be subtracted for each incorrect response.
Here, we have provided an overview of the exam pattern. Check the table below:
|Examination mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Duration of examination||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Different for different courses|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the educational qualification required for BA (Hons) course in JNU?
Ans. The candidate must have passed class 12th from a recognized board with 55% marks.
Question: When will the JNU entrance examination be held?
Ans. The entrance examination will be conducted by NTA in the month of June 2023.
Question: What will be the duration of the JNUEE exam 2023?
Ans. The duration is 3 hours.