North Bengal University organizes entrance exams for admission to various courses including undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral courses. The entrance exam is conducted for admission to postgraduate courses which is known as NBU-ET, and for MBA, a separate test is conducted which is called NBU MAT. Admissions will be granted on merit for undergraduate courses such as BA, BBA, BCA, MA, LLB, BSc, etc. It must be noted that the seats will only be allotted to pg courses based on the candidate’s entrance exam performance.
Those who are looking for admission can apply for the admission form through the official site of North Bengal University. Aspirants will have to fill up the admission form and submit it in the criteria of UG/ PG/ Doctoral level. Candidates who wish to apply for doctoral-level courses have to qualify for the written entrance test and interview. For the academic year 2023, applications will be soon invited by the North Bengal University.
The university also offers courses through distance education. Consequently, those candidates who don’t want to apply for the regular mode can choose the distance education mode too. Every year, a large number of candidates get enrolled in North Bengal University under various educational departments at different levels. Interested candidates are told to apply for the admission test as per the scheduled date. Through this post, candidates can gather complete information regarding North Bengal University Admission 2023. Check out the complete article to see the details.
North Bengal University Admission 2023 Highlights
|Name of the University||North Bengal University|
|University type||State university|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral courses|
|Level of exam||State Level|
|Application mode||Online/ Offline|
North Bengal University Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Course Name||Application start date||Application end date||Entrance exam date|
|L.L.M.||August 2023||August 2023||September 2023|
|M.Lib.I.Sc.||August 2023||September 2023||September 2023|
|MBA||May 2023||July 2023||–|
|MA/ M.Com/ M.Sc. / B.Lib.I.Sc.||July 2023||July 2023||July 27, 2023|
North Bengal University Admission 2023
For UG Courses
- B.Sc (Hons): Candidates must have passed intermediate with PCM along 60% marks. Merit-based admissions are offered for B.Sc. Hons.
- BA (Hons): Passing 12th HSC with 60% is required to apply for admission. Admission is strictly merit-based.
- LLB: Applier should have clear 12th exams with good grades and Selections are done on CLAT exam scores.
- B.Ed: Applicant must hold a graduation degree in any stream is eligible. Merit-based admission will be there.
For PG Courses
- MSc: A degree in BSc is required and admission is merit-based.
- M.Com: A degree in commerce stream is necessary. Selection will be based on B.Com score merit.
- MA: Bachelor of Arts in a relevant stream is a requirement for admission.
- LLM: Those candidates who hold an LLB degree with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible for admission. CLAT score is considered for selection.
- MBA: Any bachelor’s degree is the eligibility for admission. Enrollment will be based on the merit of the written entrance exam.
For Doctoral Courses
- Ph.D.: Master’s degree or M.Phil degree in the relevant field is required.
- M.Phil: Master’s degree is required.
North Bengal University Admission 2023 Application Form
- Before applying to any course, candidates must prepare all their necessary documents and certificates.
- After that, visit the official portal of NBU (North Bengal University).
- Select the program you want to apply for and start filing the application form. Provide all the details and upload the essential documents and photos on the dashboard.
- Make online fee payments by using any online payment getaway of fee submission.
- E-Challan is also acceptable for the fee payment.
- Submit the form.
- Candidates need to make a Demand Draft in favor of North Bengal University.
- Candidates can either buy the form by campus or can download it from the official website of NBU.
- Fill out the form with all the accurate info and attach the necessary documents with it.
- Send your form to the registrar’s office of NBU through speed post or any other offline mode.
- Mark-sheets and degrees
- Income, Character, and transfer Certificate
- DOB Proof
- Category Certificate
- Admit card
- Cast certificate
- 4 colored passport-sized photos
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Does NBU offers admission to the MBA program on a merit basis?
Ans. No, the students need to clear one of these programs: CMAT, CAT, MAT, NBU- MAT, or XAT.
Question: What is the official portal for NBU?
Ans. The official portal is www.nbu.ac.in.
Question: Does NBU offers doctoral-level programs?
Ans. Yes, it offers Ph.D. and M.Phil programs.