The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) regulates the PGEAC (Post Graduate Engineering Admission Counseling) in the state of Bihar every year. It offers admission to the applicants in various postgraduate engineering courses in Micro Electronics & VLSI Technology Course in BCE, Bhagalpur, and Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology. Those candidates who are seeking admission in the above courses in its participating institutes; can apply for BCECE PGEAC Counselling on the basis of their marks in the GATE examination. On this page, we have mentioned complete details related to PGEAC 2023 such as its schedule, eligibility, the application process, etc.
PGEAC 2023 Important Dates
|Application process start date||1st week of June 2023|
|Due date to submit the application form||4th week of June 2023|
|Last date to pay the application charges||4th week of June 2023|
|Online editing in the application form||To be Updated|
|Counseling program publication||To be Updated|
|Proposed date of counseling session||To be Updated|
- Candidates should hold a degree of B.E. / B.Tech from Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Automobile Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering for M.Tech (Machine Design) and M.Tech (Thermal Engineering).
- They must be qualified in B.E. / B.Tech from Instrumentation Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electronics Engineering / Mechatronics Engineering for Micro Electronics & VLSI Technology Course.
- Candidates belonging to the General and OBC category should have attained a minimum of 50 % marks in the above stream. There will be a relaxation of 5% for those who belong to the SC/ST category i.e. for them a minimum of 45% marks is defined.
- No minimum age limit is set by the authorities of PGEAC for the courses of M.Tech. (Thermal Engineering), M. Tech. (Machine Design) and Micro Electronics & VLSI Technology Course.
- The parents of candidates should be residents of Bihar OR
- Candidates’ parents are the determined refugee of Bihar OR
- Parents/ Guardians of the candidates belongs to other states but are an employee of the Bihar Govt OR
- Those parents who are employees of the Bihar government before the reconstitution of Bihar state and are still transferable in the Bihar or Jharkhand Govt. OR
- Candidates’ parents are employees of the government of India and work in Bihar states.
- M.Tech. (Machine Design) in Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology
- M.Tech. (Thermal Engineering) in Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology
- Micro Electronics & VLSI Technology in B.C.E., Bhagalpur
- SC: 16%
- ST: 1 %
- EBC (Extremely Backward Class): 18%
- BC (Backward Class): 12%
- Reserved Category of Girls: 3%
- Economic Weaker Sections: 10%
PGEAC 2023 Application Form
- To obtain the application form for PGEAC 2023, candidates need to go on the official webpage of the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board i.e. www.bceceb.bihar.gov.in.
- For successful registration, candidates have to provide their email id and mobile number and after submitting the same, the account of candidates will be activated.
- Now, candidates can fill the Application Form by entering personal information and educational information.
- Then upload the candidate’s scanned passport size photograph of high contrast and full signature in English and Hindi.
- After entering all details in the application form, preview it for confirmation, confirm the same, and then submit the application form.
- Candidates need to click on the “Proceed to Payment” button and complete the payment of the application fee according to instructions provided in the application form.
- The paid application and counselling fee will not be refunded.
All the categories i.e. General/ SC/ ST/ EBC/ DQ/ BC have to pay the application fee of Rs. 2200/-. The payment can be done via Debit card, Credit card, Net banking, or bank challan.
PGEAC 2023 Counseling and Seat Allotment
- To selecting candidates for postgraduate courses that have been based on counseling will be carried out in two phases.
- In the first phase, candidates who have passed GATE will be considered for the Nomination.
- In the second phase, only those candidates will be considered who have passed in the qualifying examination i.e. (B.E. / B.Tech from Industrial Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Manufacturing Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering / Automobile Engineering.)
- Original Gate Score Card (if applicable).
- PGEAC-2023 Rank Card.
- Passing Certificate / Mark Sheet/ Equivalent Examination.
- Passing Certificate / Mark Sheet / Equivalent Examination.
- Marks Sheet/ Passing Certificate of B.E. / B.Tech.
- Domicile Certificate for Residence of Bihar.
- Caste Certificate duly issued by the Concerned Authorities.
- Six copies of passport size photograph same as uploaded in the application form.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- Print of Online PGEAC Application Form.