PhD Admission 2024: PhD or Doctor of Philosophy is a research program in which students deal with research studies in domains such as Law, Commerce, Humanities/ Arts, Science, Management, Engineering, Pharmacy, Mass Communication, and so on. The duration of PhD course lies between 3 to 6 years. To enroll to the PhD course for the academic year 2024, aspirants need to acquire a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or its equivalent score in their postgraduate degree in addition to a valid cut-off score in a university or national level entrance test.
On the basis of one’s performance in personal interviews and written tests, they will be granted admission to a top tier PhD University. A candidate can pursue Ph.D. course under concerned disciplines, however to pursue this course there will be two methods i.e. Full time and Part time. The duration for the course is total 2 years. Only those candidates who possess a postgraduate degree in the field of engineering or technology, Arts, Management, Science etc. with an aggregate of 55% marks in a degree.
If candidates hold a valis GATE score or aspirants who have qualified NET or M.Phil. degree will have to take part in an entrance exam for the Ph.D. course. Collect more information regarding PhD Admission 2024 such as course eligibility, important dates, top national or state level entrance exams, admission procedure, scope after PhD, etc. from this post below.
PhD Admission 2024 Important Dates
|College/University Name||Last Date to Apply|
|IIT Bombay (IITB)||Last week of March 2024– Second week of April 2024|
|Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore||February 2024 – April 2024|
|IIT Delhi||Third week of March– Second week of April, 2024|
|IIT Kharagpur||Fourth week of March– Third week of April, 2024|
|University of Delhi||June 2024– July 2024|
|TISS, Mumbai||First week of March– Third week of April, 2024|
|IIT Guwahati||First week of April– Last week of April, 2024|
|IIT Varanasi||Last week of March– Last week of May, 2024|
|St. Xavier’s College||Third week of January– Last week of January, 2024|
|IIT Goa||Second week of April– First week of May, 2024|
|IIT Palakkad||Last week of April, 2024|
|IIT Hyderabad||Second week of April – Last week of April, 2024|
|IIM Ranchi||Third week of April, 2024|
|ISM Dhanbad||Third week of April – First week of May, 2024|
|IIT Jammu||Second week of May– Last week of May, 2024|
PhD Admissions 2023 Disciplines
The admissions will be regulated under many disciplines in various universities and colleges across India. PhD course will be offered under disciplines such as:
- English Literature
- Fine Arts
- Fashion Technology
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Disaster Management
- Environment Science
- Geriatric Care
- Home Science
- Hospital Administration
- Human Rights
- Hospitality Management
- Library Science
- Labour and Social Welfare
- Medicinal Plants
- Mass Communication
- Management Studies
- Insurance Management
- International Studies
- Indian Diaspora
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Peace Studies
- Pollution Control
- Rural Development
- Sports Science
- Social Work
- Sustainable Development
- Technology Policy
- Total Quality Management
- Women Studies
- Political Science
- Population Studies
- Police Administration
- Physical Education
- Public Administration
- Renewable Energy
PhD Admissions 2024 Universities
In India, candidates can get admission in PhD course under various top universities. Such universities include:
- MMU, Ambala
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Institute of Microbial Technology
- Jamia Hamdard University
- Chandigarh University
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- PEC University of Technology
- Lingaya’s University
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- Amity School of Engineering and Technology
- SRM University, Sonipat
- Chandigarh college of Engineering and Technology
PhD Admission 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to PhD course organized by various universities and colleges.
- A candidate should hold a master’s degree or postgraduate degree to be eligible for admission to a PhD course.
- It is compulsory for the candidates to acquire at least 50 – 55% of marks in the master’s degree in the respective subject.
- Candidates with work experience in the field of research will be given more preference.
For enrollment in PhD courses, candidate’s performance in the merit as well as the entrance exam will be considered. The admission process for both merit and entrance exam based is given below:
Merit-Based PhD Admission:
- Top universities and colleges offer admission to PhD programme through a merit-based process.
- For this, the university may ask the aspirants to submit the abstract of the research proposal.
- This is basically done to analyze the candidates and the shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further admission process.
- Also, the aspirants must meet the basic eligibility criteria of 50 – 55% grades in the master’s degree course.
Entrance Exam Based PhD Admission:
- Both university level and national level entrance exams will be conducted to get admission to PhD courses.
- Some universities even organize personal interviews in addition to entrance exams for the admission to PhD courses.
Scope after Completing PhD
Those aspirants who have completed their Ph.D. degree will grab many opportunities. Such candidates can apply for jobs on the basis of their skills and proficiency. There are various career options that candidates can opt after completing PhD:
- Editor & Critic
- Author & Writer
- Lecturer & Professor
- Philosophical Journalist
- Human Services Worker
- Independent Consultant
- Senior Research Scientist
- Industrial R&D Lab professional