SKMU Admission 2023: The Sido Kanhu Murmu University was established in the year 1992 by an act of Bihar Legislative Assembly, it is a public university which is located in Dumka, Jharkhand. Presently, the university offers admission in various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level courses such as B.A., B.A.(Hons.), B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons.), BLIS, MCA, M.A., M.Sc., M.Com, MBA and Ph.D courses.
Candidates who are eligible for admission can apply online for the desired courses by visiting the official website of the university. The candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination with Mathematics and Physics as mandatory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biology or Biotechnology or Technical or Vocational subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category). The candidate’s selection will be done on the basis of their performance in the respective entrance examinations. The official authorities of the SKMU will release the application forms for various courses through the official website of the Sido Kanhu Murmu University. Admission to some courses is also done on the basis of merit too.
To know more about SKMU Admission 2023, you must read the entire post below as it contains information regarding the admission dates, eligibility criteria, application form, paper pattern, counseling and more.
SKMU Admission 2023 Overview
|University Name||Sido Kanhu Murmu University (SKMU)|
|Type of University||Public University|
|Selection criteria||Entrance Exam / MAT (For MBA) and AIMCET (For MCA)|
SKMU Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Available of online application form||August 2023|
|Last date of application form||August 2023|
SKMU Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Sido Kanhu Murmu University grants admission solely on the basis of the merit and rank scored by the student in the SKMU entrance test. While, admission to the P.G degree programs will be finalized through entrance test/ merit-based. Candidates should check all the details of regarding SKMU eligibility criteria from the section hereby:
- BA, B.Com, B.Sc.: Candidates who have passed 12th grade in any discipline with at least 50 % marks is eligible for the courses.
- MA, M.Com, M.Sc.: A candidate must hold a graduation and a bachelor’s degree in relevant subject with an aggregate of 50% or equivalent CGPA. SC/ST candidates will be eligible for 5% relaxation.
- MBA: Applicant who possess a Bachelor’s degree of minimum three year’s duration in any stream such as science, commerce, humanities, medical, engineering and agriculture will be eligible for admission. Such candidates will also be eligible for the registration in the 1st semester of the MBA program. Final year graduates may also apply subject to the condition that they must submit the proof of qualification at the time of admission. Admission will be granted on the basis of MAT conducted by AIMA.
- MCA: Candidate who possess a BCA or Bachelor’s degree equivalent to the same with at least 50% marks will be eligible. Candidates have to qualify AIMCET for getting admission to MCA in SKMU.
- B.L.I.S/ LLB/ BCA/ BBA/ ASPSM/ B.ED: Candidates must be 12th grade passed with at least 50 % marks from a recognized board of education.
- SKMU Admission 2023 Application forms will be disclosed soon for various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses through their official website.
- Candidates can only fill up the application forms through the online mode, therefore no mode of application submission will be entertained.
- To get the offline application form for SKMU admission 2023 from the university’s office.
- Candidates can fill up the application forms tentatively from the month of August 2023.
- Enter all the accurate details in the application form, check all the information mentioned there before submitting it.
- After filling up the application form, candidates need to upload their scanned passport sized photograph & signature in the asked format.
- It is also necessary for the candidate to get a printed copy of the filled application for further references.
- Total No. of Questions: 100 questions
- Duration of Exam: 60 minutes
- Total Marks: 100 marks
- Exam Mode: Offline method
- Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions
- Topics: Business studies, General Studies, English, Reasoning
Sido Kanhu Murmu University will commence the counselling for all the eligible students. Qualified candidates need to attend the counseling round on the date given by the authorities at the venue to confirm their admission. Candidates will also have to carry along the original copies of the below sepcified documents along with their self-tested photocopies. Check the list of documents below:
- Migration Certificate from the University last attended.
- Passing/Degree certificate of the last qualifying examination
- Marksheet of the last qualifying degree examination
- Character certificate
- Documentary proof for date of birth
- Gap certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)