SSC (Staff Selection Commission) is the official authority that releases the notification for the entrance examination for Constable GD Exam every year. The exam is commenced for recruiting eligible applicants for different posts in BSF, NUA, CRPF, SSB, ITBP, CISF SSF, and Rifleman in Assam Rifles. The recruitment process of SSC Constable GD will mainly consist of various stages for instance Computer Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST), Medical Examination, and lastly Document Verification. Aspiring candidates who pass all the above-mentioned stages will be recruited for SSC Constable GD Posts. Get more information about SSC Constable GD 2023 from this post.
SSC will release the GD Constable Recruitment Notification in the month of July 2023. Interested candidates can apply online after the release of dates..for more information stay connected.
SSC Constable GD 2023 Highlights
|Job Type||Government Job|
|Job Category||Police Job|
|Name of Recruitment||SSC Constable GD 2023|
|Name of Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Number of Vacancies||To be Updated|
|Notification Released on||Coming Soon..|
|Job Type||Government Job|
SSC Constable GD 2023 Important Dates
|The release of the Application form Announced||July 2023|
|Apply Online Starting Date||August 2023|
|Application form Last date||September 2023|
|Admit Card of PST/PET||update soon|
|The result of PST/PET||update soon|
|Written exam admit card||update soon|
|Date of Entrance Exam||update soon|
|Announcement of Exam Result||update soon|
|Medical test Admit card availability||update soon|
|Date of Medical exam||update soon|
|Result announcement Medical exam||update soon|
- The minimum and maximum limit of age to apply for SSC Constable GD is 18 years and 23 years respectively.
- The officials have also offered age relaxation to the candidates belonging to reserved categories according to the government rules.
- Aspiring candidates must have passed class 10th from some recognized board of education in order to be eligible.
- OBC: 26 years
- SC/ST: 28 years
- Ex-Servicemen (GEN): 26 years
- Ex-Servicemen (OBC): 29 years
- SC/ ST Ex-Servicemen: 31 years
- Applicants domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (GEN): 28 Years
- Applicants domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (OBC): 31 Years
- Those who are domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (SC/ST): 33 Years
- General category children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of the year 2002 in Gujarat: 28 years
- Children and dependent of victims belonging to the OBC category killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat: 31 years
- SC/ ST category children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat: 33 years
SSC Constable GD 2023 Application Form
Those who are seeking to apply for the SSC Constable GD competitive examination can seek the online form from the official website of the same. Candidates belonging to the different North-Eastern States, LWE affected areas, and Jammu &Kashmir can apply through both modes such as online and offline. Applicants will have to fill in their necessary information as well as personal details in the appropriate manner. Meanwhile, they also need to add/ upload their scanned photo and signature after filling the personal as well as educational details in the application form.
- After completing the filling part in the application form, candidates can make the payment of the application fee via modes such as online and offline.
- They need to make the payment of Rs 50/- as the amount for an application fee and those who opt for offline mode need to pay the fee through Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS).
- While paying through online mode, an applicant can use the facilities such as Netbanking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ SBI Challan.
SSC Constable GD 2023 Selection Process
The selection process of SSC Constable GD includes stages mentioned below:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Medical Test
Computer Based Test (CBT)
This is the first stage of the recruitment process where candidates whose online applications are accepted are called to participate in the Computer Based Test. This online exam will be held in English and Hindi language only. Meanwhile, there will be four sections of the following subjects.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Elementary Mathematics
- English/ Hindi
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25||
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
- The test involves 100 objective-type (MCQ) questions carrying 100 marks.
- Each question will carry 1 mark and a negative marking of 0.25 will be applicable.
- Staff Selection Commission has also set a cut-off of marks for the CBT.
- General/ Ex-Servicemen- 35%.
- OBC/ SC/ ST- 33%
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|Event||For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates|
|Running||5 Km under 24 minutes||1.6 Km under 8.5 minutes|
Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Type||For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates|
|Height ( General ,SC & OBC)||170||157|
|Height ( ST )||162.5||150|
|Chest Expansion (General, SC & OBC)||80/ 5||N/A|
|Chest Expansion ( ST )||76 / 5||N/A|
Visual Standards (Only Distant Vision)
|Better eye||Worse eye||Better eye||Worse eye|
Aspirants passing the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Standards Test (PST) & selected by the commission will further have to undergo Medical Examination (DME). Lastly on the basis of marks acquired by the aspirants in the Computer Based Examination (CBE), their selection will be finalized. Based on the choices filled by the candidates, the posts will be allocated in the below-mentioned organizations: BSF, CISF, CRPF, SSB, ITBP, Assam Rifles, NIA, and SSF.