UPSC IFS 2023: The Union public service commission (UPSC) is the authority that is responsible for conducting Indian Forest Services (IFS) examination. Through this examination, the candidates are recruited under the departments of the Ministry of Forests, Environment, and Climate Change. The candidates need to qualify in three stages to get selected in UPSC IFS. In other words, candidates need to appear in the Preliminary examination, then in the Mains examination, and lastly in the Personal Interview Test. Therefore, candidates are required to fill the application form to appear in the examination.
UPSC IFS 2023 Highlights
|Organizing department||Union Public Service Commission|
|Mode of the exam||Offline|
|Attempts in exam||6|
|Total vacancies||Approx. 90|
|Age limit||21 to 32|
|Notification release date||01 February 2023|
|Result date||To be released|
UPSC IFS 2023 Exam Dates
|UPSC IFS Notification release date||01 February 2023|
|Online registration begins||01 February 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||22 February 2023|
|Preliminary Admit Card||May 2023|
|Preliminary Exam date||28 May 2023|
|Preliminary Exam Result||July 2023|
|Mains Exam date||26 November 2023|
|Final Result release date||January 2023|
- Only citizens of Indian nationality, Subject of Bhutan and Nepal are eligible to apply.
- Candidates between 21 to 32 years are eligible to apply for this exam. This implies that they have to be 21-32 years as of 1st August 2023.
- However, there is a relaxation in the age limit for the reserved category:
OBC candidates – 3 years
SC/ST candidates – 5 years
- To apply for this exam, candidates need to complete their graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Apart from this, they should meet the physical standards set by the authority.
- Moreover, there are 6 attempts for the general category, 9 attempts for OBC, and unlimited attempts for SC/ST.
UPSC IFS 2023 Application form
- Application form filling begins with registration, providing details, uploading documents, and lastly payment of a fee.
- Meanwhile, applicants need to follow some steps to fill the Application form. The steps are given below:
- Firstly, go to the official website of UPSC – www.upsc.gov.in.
- Secondly, search the link for the UPSC IFS Application form and click on it.
- Now, the application form will be opened with parts 1 and part 2.
- Now, complete the registration by filling in all your personal details such as name, DOB, mobile number, email id, etc.
- After that, a registration id and password will be generated. Log in using these credentials.
- Upload all the necessary documents required in the application form along with the passport size photograph and signature.
- Check the details before submitting.
- Lastly, pay the application fee via credit/debit card/ net banking or by depositing cash at any branch of SBI.
- Do not forget to take multiple prints of the application form.
|General/OBC/EWS category||Rs. 100/-|
|Female SC/ST/PH category||Nil/Exempted|
|Particulars||Preliminary Exam||Mains Exam|
|Exam medium||English and Hindi||English|
|Total qualifying papers||2||4|
|Total weightage||200 Each (400 marks)||1000 Marks|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions||Essay type|
|Negative marking||1/3rd for each incorrect response||–|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours per paper||3 hours per paper|
|No. of papers||Topics||Total marks|
|Paper 1||General English||300|
|Paper 2||General knowledge||300|
|Paper 3, Paper 4, Paper 5, and Paper 6||Any two subjects from the list of the optional subjects. Each subject consists of 2 papers.||400 (200 marks for each paper)|
- Candidates are required to qualify for the written preliminary and mains examination. However, after qualifying, it is equally important to clear the interview.
- The candidate’s selection will be done on the basis of his/her performance throughout the exam and interview.
- The officials of UPSC will check the candidate’s intellectual skills, mental ability, communication skills, and way of responding through the interview process.
- Meanwhile, the interview carries 300 marks.
UPSC IFS 2023 Result
The result will be announced on the official website of UPSC after the completion of each stage. The applicants just need to enter their registration id and password to check the result.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What are the stages of the UPSC IFS selection procedure?
Ans. Candidates need to qualify for written examination i.e. Preliminary and Mains Examination and Personal Interview Round.
Question: What is the application fee for the candidates to apply for the UPSC IFS exam?
Ans. General and OBC category candidates need to pay Rs. 100/-. While female applicants and reserved category candidates are exempted to pay the fee.
Question: What is the prelims exam date for IFS 2023?
Ans. It is likely to be conducted in the month of June 2023.
Question: What is the age limit to apply for IFS 2023?
Ans. The age of the candidates must be 21 years to 32 years. On the other hand, relaxation will vary according to category.