Territorial Army Recruitment 2023: After the Regular Army, the Indian Territorial Army (TA) is the second line of defense. The key role of the Territorial Army is to provide relief to the regular army from stable duties and assist the civil administration in dealing with natural calamities, etc. the total vacancies of Territorial Army Recruitment is stated in the official notification regarding the recruitment. Presently, the Territorial Army consists of approximately 40, 000 persons. All the aspirants can join the Territorial Army as Officers and Junior Commissioned Officers (JCO). This is the golden opportunity to join as an officer in Army and serve the nation. For Civilians, the recruitment is done for the Non-departmental (Territorial Army). We have provided every possible detail regarding Territorial Army Recruitment 2023 in the article below.
Territorial Army Recruitment 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Territorial Army Recruitment|
|Conducting body||Territorial Army|
|Name of posts||Territorial Army (Non-departmental) for Civilians and Ex-servicemen|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Stages of Exam||
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Exam Type||Objective Based|
Territorial Army Recruitment 2023 Dates
|Official Notification release||May 2023|
|Availability of online application form||May 2023|
|Last date to apply online||June 2023|
|Last date to pay the application fee||June 2023|
|Admit card availability||July 2023|
|Exam date||July 2023|
|Final result||November 2023|
- Nationality: Candidates of Indian Nationality are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: The age limit of the candidates must be between 18 & 42 years to be eligible.
- Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline is required as an educational qualification.
- Physical Standards: Candidates have to be physically and mentally fit.
- Employment status: Gainfully employed.
- Only Ex-service officers are eligible who are in the age group of 18-42 years.
- The candidate should be a graduate in any field and physically & mentally fit.
- Those serving members of the Regular Army/ Navy or Air Force or GREF or Police or Paramilitary & other forces cannot apply.
Territorial Army Recruitment Application Form
- All the candidates who want to apply can get the application form at www.jointerritorialarmy.gov.in.
- After accessing the official website, candidates need to look for the application form link.
- Once the link is found, register yourself and solve the captcha code.
- Start filling in all your details as asked in the application form. Correct details must be entered.
- Upload the documents if required in the form.
- Lastly, complete the process by paying the application fee and clicking on submitting button.
- The application fee is Rs. 200/- for all the candidates.
- Don’t forget to keep a copy of the submission page for future uses.
Territorial Army Salary Details
|Military Rank||Level||Pay Matrix||Military Service Pay|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||INR 56,100 – 1,77,500||INR 15,500|
|Captain||Level 10 A||INR 6,13,00-1,93,900||INR 15,500|
|Major||Level 11||INR 6,94,00 – 2,07,200||INR 15,500|
|Lt Colonel||Level 12 A||INR 1,21,200 – 2,12400||INR 15,500|
|Colonel||Level 13||INR 1,30,600- 2,15,900||INR 15,500|
|Brigadier||Level 13 A||INR 1,39,600-2,17,600||INR 15,500|
Territorial Army Selection Procedure
For Officers Civilians
1. Screening stage (Written & Interview)
In the screening stage, applicants are called for the screening. There is two exam sin this one. First is the Written Exam which will include sections such as Reasoning, Elementary mathematics, general knowledge & language. After that Preliminary Interview Board will conduct the second stage i.e. the interview round
Service Selection Board (SSB) examination. Candidates who are shortlisted in screening will further have to give tests conducted by the SSB.
2. Medical Examination
The selected candidates will then have to go through a physical checkup and a medical examination of the physical body will be conducted as per standards set by Military Hospital.
The Army Headquarters Selection Board will screen the Ex-Service Personnel at the Additional Directorate General Territorial Army.
In the last stage, the Ex-Service Personnel will go through a medical examination at the Armed Forces Clinic and Police Verification for the final selection.
- The questions will be asked at the SSC level.
- 1 mark of negative marking will be there in Territorial Army Exam.
|Sections||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|Paper 1||Logical Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|Paper 2||General knowledge||50||50|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official site to apply for the Territorial Army Recruitment exam 2023?
Ans. To apply for Territorial Army, candidates need to visit the official site i.e. www.jointerritorialarmy.gov.in.
Question: What is the application fee for the candidates to apply for the Territorial Army exam?
Ans. Candidates applying for Territorial Army Recruitment have to pay Rs. 200/- as the application fee.
Question: What is the age limit to apply for Territorial Army?
Ans. The age of the candidates must be between 18 years to 42 years.