Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) is a well-known university in India that focuses on providing admission for various programs based on comprising food production processing, home science, and agriculture techniques to the eligible candidates. To secure admission in undergraduate degree programs under specializations like Horticulture, Home Science, Agricultural Engineering, Forestry, Agriculture, and Food Process Engineering for the academic session 2023-24. Candidates are recommended to get complete details about TNAU Admission 2023 from this page.
TNAU Admission 2023 Courses Offered
- B.Tech. in Environmental Engineering, Energy, Agricultural Information Technology, Food Process Engineering, Horticulture, Biotechnology, Agricultural Engineering, and Bioinformatics.
- B.Sc. in Sericulture, Agribusiness Management, Food Nutrition and Dietetics, Horticulture, Agriculture and Forestry.
- M.Tech. in Storage Engineering, Land & Water Management, Agricultural Process Engineering, and Farm Machinery & Power, Bio-Energy.
TNAU Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Admission advertisement in Tamil and English||1st week of May 2023|
|Online application form release date||2nd week of May 2023|
|Last date to submit the forms||2nd week of June 2023|
|Correction in the application form||3rd week of 2023|
|Verification of documents||To be Updated|
|Publication of rank list||To be Updated|
|Online counseling commencement||To be Updated|
For B.Sc in Agriculture:
- The age of the candidate should not be less than 21 years during the time of admission. However, there is no age limit for applicants belonging to SC/ST & SCA category.
- The duration of the course is 3 years and 6 years.
- Students must have successfully passed the class 12th examination with a minimum of 60% marks in any of the subjects mentioned below:
Group I: PCM or PCB
Group II: PCB with a fourth (elective) subject connected to the Science stream. Students must make sure that evaluation for this subject will be observed in terms of marks and not in terms of grades.
Group II (A): Students with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology are equally eligible for B.Sc. Course.
- The age of the candidates should be over 21 years during the time of admission. However, there is no age limit for SC/ST & SCA category students.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th with 60% marks in PCM/ PCB or PCM and Computer Science.
Note: Students who have passed 10+2 from the state of Tamil Nadu are only eligible to apply for admission in UG courses and if not satisfy this condition then they must hold a domicile certificate of Tamil Nadu state. General candidates can apply two times and SC/ ST candidates can apply three times.
Ph.D. (Integrated, Regular, By Research):
- A candidate who has acquired a degree of M.Sc./ M.Tech with at least 60% marks is eligible.
- Those who have secured a minimum of 70% aggregate marks (SC/ST students) can apply too.
- 31% for Open Competition (OC)
- 15% for Scheduled Caste (SC)
- 1% for Scheduled Tribes (ST) 1 %
- 26.5% for Backward Class (BC)
- 3.5% for Backward Class Muslim (BCM)
- 3% for Scheduled Caste (SCA)
- 20% for Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities (MBC)
TNAU Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates can fill in the application form from the official site of the TNAU i.e. www.tnau.ac.in.
- Select the course you are willing to apply for.
- Keep all the required documents ready before filling out the application form for TNAU 2023.
- Upload the recent colored passport size photograph and other documents as required.
- Pay the application fee using e payment link via debit card/ credit card/ internet banking.
|Category||UG Application Fee||PG Application Fee|
|General/ OBC||INR 600/-||INR 1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ SA||INR 300/-||INR 500/-|
- Types of Questions: The question paper will contain all Multiple Choice Questions.
- Total duration: The exam will be conducted for 1 hour 15 minutes (90 minutes).
- Total marks: Paper will include total of 100 marks.
- Mode of examination: The exam will be conducted via written test (offline).
|Compartment 1||General aptitude||15 marks|
|Compartment 2||Aptitude||10 marks|
|Compartment 3||Specific subject||75 marks|
TNAU Admission 2023 Result
The University will announce the entrance exam result in the last week of June and the first week of August for UG and PG programs respectively, at their official web portal i.e. www.tnau.ac.in.
In order to appear for TNAU 2023 counseling, participants will have to register and modify their preferences/ choices of colleges and courses. Once this is done, they will be able to download the seat allotment letter and pay the required counseling fee via online mode.
|Other communities||INR 2000/-|
|SC/ ST/ SA||INR 1000/-|
Requisite Documents for Counseling
- Photocopy along with original Mark sheet
- Certificate of class 10th and 12th / HSC or equivalent.
- Passport size colored photographs.
- Original and photocopy of community certificate (for SC/ST/BCM/SCA category).
- A bank draft
- Rank Card or the Scorecard/ Call Letter.
TNAU Scholarship Details
For students who are applying for Ph.D. course:
- Periyar Endowment Scholarship.
- Scholarship by the Central Government.
- Scholarships by the Indian Council for Agriculture Research (ICAR), New Delhi.
- Adi Dravida Welfare Education.
- Free education will be offered to the students belonging to the non-graduate family under State government scholarship.