TS PGECET is shortened for Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test. It is a state-level common entrance test that is organized every year by Osmania University on behalf of TSCHE (Telangana State Council for Higher Education). Those students who want to take admission in Postgraduate in architecture/Pharmacy/ Technology/ Engineering courses from the colleges/ universities/ institutes located in Telangana state can apply for the test. Candidates who successfully clear this entrance test will be admitted to the private and government colleges of Telangana. The registration forms for TS PGECET 2023 will tentatively be out in the second week of March 2023 via online mode only. Aspirants who are willing to take admission in the session 2023, then they need to appear in TS PGECET. For more details regarding TS PGECET, refer to the full post below:
TS PGECET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the examination||TS PGECET|
|Full form||Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||Osmania University|
|Level of examination||State Level|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Medium of Exam||English only|
TS PGECET 2023 Important Schedule
|Official notification||1st week of March 2023|
|The online application process starts from||2nd week of March 2023|
|Last date of form submission without late fee||4th week of May 2023|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee||3rd week of June 2023|
|Availability of hall ticket||3rd week of June 2023|
|Entrance exam||4th week of June 2023|
|Publish of Answer key||4th week of June 2023|
|Result declaration date||1st week of July 2023|
|Counseling||July/ August 2023|
- Nationality: Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for TS PGECET.
- Domicile: Applying candidates should have a domicile certificate from Telangana state in order to be eligible.
- Academic Qualification: Students who are bachelor’s degree holders in a relevant stream/ discipline are eligible for admission.
- Qualifying Marks Criteria: Candidates should have gained a minimum of 50% Marks in the qualifying exam (45% marks in case of reserved category).
- Appearing: Those aspirants, who are giving their final year examination in 2023, are also eligible for admission. Those candidates who have obtained a distance education degree must be approved by DEC/ AICTE.
TS PGECET 2023 Application Form
- The registration forms for TS PGECET will be released from the 1st week of March 2023 through online mode on the official web portal only.
- It is necessary for the appliers to confirm their eligibility before applying for the examination as application forms will be available for the eligible applicants only.
- The complete application process consists of three steps i.e. Fee Payment, Application form filling, and taking a hard copy of the filled-in application form.
- These steps need to be completed in the application form very carefully as the authority will not provide the correction facility to make changes in the TS PGECET application form.
- Candidates have to complete the submission of the application form before the 4th week of May 2023 without a late fee as no individuals will be allowed to submit the application form after the last date.
- Applicants are recommended to keep their application form and fee receipt secure for future references.
The TS PGECET Application form will remain incomplete without submitting the application fee. Therefore fee can be submitted through AP Online/ TS Online, Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net Banking payment gateways.
Check the application charges below:
|SC/ ST/ PH candidates||INR 500/-|
|Other category candidates||INR 1000/-|
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted online mode only.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will involve a total of 120 questions in Objective-based (Multiple choice questions) only.
- Duration: A total of 2 hours will be allotted for solving the entire question paper.
- Medium: Each question will be in the English language only.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct answer in TS PGECET.
- Negative Marking: Candidates will not lose any marks for the wrong response to the question.
|Test mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Type of Questions||Objective type (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Medium of test||English|
|Total questions||120 questions|
|Maximum marks||120 marks|
|Test duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Marking scheme||+ 1 mark|
TS PGECET 2023 Result
The results will be released expected in the 1st week of July 2023. Appeared students can access their TS PGECET results via online mode by visiting its authorized web portal. They have to enter their credentials such as application id/ registration number & password needed to obtain the results. After the results are announced, the authorities of Osmania University will also make the rank card available online. It is proposed to take out the hard copies of the result along with the scorecard. Participants should review the details mentioned in the result whether they are correct or not.
TS PGECET 2023 Counselling
Every shortlisted candidate has to appear for the counseling through online mode. For the counseling process, candidates will be able to register themselves from July/August 2023 through the specified website of the authority.
It will include various rounds for instance Registration, Choice Filling, and Seat Allotment and reporting at the institute. Candidates must appear and complete all these rounds within the allotted time period to be eligible for admission. Consequently, for the document verification round candidates will also have to submit the following documents:
- 10th mark sheet & certificate
- 12th mark sheet & certificate
- Scorecard of PGECET
- Admit Card of PGECET
- Graduation degree
- Transfer certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Caste certificate