UGC NET 2023: UGC NET is one of the most awaited examinations in India. It is a national-level examination. The candidates who qualify for the UGC NET exam will get recruitment as Assistant Professor or JRF in Indian Universities and colleges. Every year many candidates appear for this exam. The examination will be held on various dates in June and December. The candidates who are appearing for the examination are advised to start their preparation to qualify for the exam with good scores. The interested students can go through this article to get important details about the UGC NET exam.
UGC NET 2023 Schedule
|Commencement of online application||1st week of February 2023|
|Due date of application||1st week of March 2023|
|The correction window will open||1st week of March 2023|
|Admit card will be available||Last week of May 2023|
|UGC NET 2023 Exam date||June 2023|
|Answer key release date||July 2023|
|Declaration of the result||July 2023|
UGC NET 2023 Eligibility Norms
Candidates must be aware of the following details regarding UGC NET 2023 Eligibility Norms:
- Educational Qualification: A candidate must possess a master’s degree from any recognized board or university in order to be eligible.
- Percentage: Applying candidate should have attained minimum 55% marks (50% as Third Gender/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PwD) without round off.
- Age Criteria: For JRF, the age of the candidate should not exceed 31 years. Reserved category candidates will get a 5 year age relaxation. No maximum age limit has been set by the authorities for the post of Assistant Professor.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in their final year examination in 2023 will be also eligible to appear for UGC NET 2023
- The examination will be conducted in CBT mode.
- There will be 2 papers in the UGC NET examination.
- The medium of examination will be as chosen by the applicant either in English or Hindi.
- There will be a total of 150 MCQ-type questions in the examination. Paper, I will contain 50 questions, whereas paper II will have 100 questions.
- The question paper will contain a total of 300 marks. Paper I will have 100 marks and paper II will have 200 marks.
- The duration of the UGC NET exam will be of 3 hours.
- The candidates will get 2 marks for each correct answer and there will be no penalty for incorrect answers.
|Paper||Total marks||No. of question|
UGC NET 2023 Admit Card
The admit cards for UGC NET 2023 exam will be available in the month of May 2023 for the June session and in the 3rd week of the month of November 2023 for the December session. The candidates will be able to download the admit cards online by given on the application by entering their login credentials. The admit cards will be available to the candidates only through online mode.
The applicants must check the complete details given on the admit cards. In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, the applicants must approach the helpline to get the issue resolved. The examination authority will take the necessary action to resolve the issue.
Preparation Tips for UGC NET 2023
The candidates who are appearing for UGC NET 2023 should start their preparation at the earliest. As UGC NET is one of the popular examinations and the competition level is quite high, so the candidates need to prepare well to compete with others.
You should make a suitable timetable for the study and also should follow the timetable strictly. Go through the examination pattern and the syllabus before you start planning your study accordingly.
For more details, the candidates can visit the official website to get more updates on UGC NET 2023.