UPSC CMS 2023: UPSC Combined Medical Services entrance test is conducted by Union Public Services Commission for the selection of medical students in various government medical services. This implies that through this entrance test candidates are recruited or appointed in the following services: Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways, Assistant Medical Officer in the Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service under the Ministry of Defence, Junior Scale Posts in the Central Health Service, General Duty Medical Officer in the New Delhi Municipal Council, General Duty Medical Officer Gr. II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North and South Delhi, Municipal Corporation.
However, the basic educational qualification required to apply for this examination is M.B.B.S. Although, the recruitment will only be done on the basis of written tests and interviews. Therefore, candidates who are willing to apply for these services must go through the full article below.
Posts Recruited by CMS Examination
The following are different posts that a medical officer will be posted after cracking the examination-
- Category I: Junior Scale Posts under Central Health Services
- Category II: Assistant Divisional Medical Officer under Indian Railways
- Category II: General Duty Medical Officer under New Delhi Municipal Council
- Category II: General Duty Medical Gr.-II under East Delhi Municipal Corporation, South Delhi Municipal Corporation and North Delhi Municipal Corporation
UPSC CMS 2023 Important Dates
|UPSC CMS Online registration begins from||19 April 2023|
|Last date of online registration||09 May 2023|
|Availability of admit card||3 weeks before the exam|
|UPSC CMS exam date||16 July 2023|
|UPSC CMS exam result||December 2023|
- Candidates must have passed the written as well as practical exam for M.B.B.S to be eligible.
- The maximum age limit of the candidate must be 32 years as of 1st August 2023.
However, SC/ST candidates will have a relaxation of 5 years in age while OBC candidates have 3 years of relaxation.
- Candidates need to be physically and medically fit as per the physical and medical standards set by the authority.
- Candidates must hold the citizenship of India, Nepal, or Bhutan.
|Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways||To be updated|
|Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services||To be updated|
|Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services||To be updated|
|General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council||To be updated|
|General Duty Medical Gr.-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, and South Delhi Municipal Corporation||To be updated|
UPSC CMS 2023 Application Process
Applicants are required to follow the steps given below in order to fill the UPSC CMS Application form 2023:
- Aspirants can fill the application form on the official website of UPSC- www.upsc.gov.in
- There will be no other mode to fill the application form for UPSC 2023.
- Candidates are required to fill in their personal and academic details in the application form including photo id proofs such as Aadhar Card, voter ID card, PAN card, driving license, etc. And they must provide their active email id and phone number in the application form.
- Apart from this candidates will have to also upload scanned passport size photographs and signatures.
- Likewise, they will have to upload all the other required documents that are asked in the application form.
- Meanwhile, candidates need to pay the application fee through their internet banking, credit card, debit card, pay wallet, or via E-challan.
For offline mode, candidates can deposit fees at any branch of SBI through cash. The application fee will be non-refundable.
- At last, candidates must take out a few prints of the application form for further use. Also, the candidates must avoid filling out multiple forms at the same time.
- The only mode of exam will be online (Computer Based Test).
- The exam is required to be completed in 2 hours.
- Questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- The medium of the exam will be English.
- There are negative markings i.e. 1/3rd marks will be subtracted for every wrong response.
- The exam is conducted in two parts i.e. Part 1 and Part 2.
|Written- Paper 1||250|
|Written- Paper 2||250|
|Interview or personality test||100|
|Subjects||No. of questions||Total Marks|
|Subjects||No. of questions||Total Marks|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40|
|Preventive & social medicine||40|
UPSC CMS Interview
- Candidates are required to qualify for the UPSC CMS written examination. After qualifying, it is equally important to clear the interview which will be held at the UPSC office in New Delhi.
- Therefore, the candidate’s selection will be done on the basis of his/her performance throughout the exam and interview.
- However, there is no set pattern for UPSC CMS interviews; the officials can ask questions from anywhere based on the candidate’s academic background or their specialization in master’s.
UPSC CMS 2023 Exam Result
- The results for the exam will be declared online in PDF format. Union Public Service Commission will announce the result on its official website.
- Candidates will have to provide their login credentials such as roll number and registration id to download their results.
- The UPSC will release the merit list of the students who will qualify for the interview/personality test.
- However, the scores of the candidates will be declared or released once the entire process has been completed.
Shortlisted candidates need to undergo a probation period as well. Both permanent and temporary postings will be provided to the aspirants. Candidates who are eligible for this position will have to qualify the physical fitness test also. In addition to this, any kind of malpractice is strictly prohibited. Therefore, candidates are advised to follow all the instructions appropriately.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: When will CMS 2023 online registration begin?
Ans. In the 1st week of May 2023.
Question: When will CMS 2023 registration end?
Ans. In the last week of May 2023
Question: What is the age criteria required for UPSC CMS 2023?
Ans. The maximum age limit is 32 years however, relaxation will be provided according to the categories.
Question: What is the application fee for SC/ST candidates for CMS 2023?
Ans. The reserved category candidates do not require to pay any fee. They are exempted from paying the UPSC CMS application fee.