The government of Assam formed the Abhinandan Educational Loan Subsidy Scheme for the students. This scheme is basically launched to provide educational loans of around 50,000 subsidies to all the Assam state students who want to pursue higher education. This educational loan subsidy scheme is initiated by the Chief Minister of Assam.
This Abhinandan Education Loan Subsidy scheme helps the permanent residents of the Assam state who are eligible.
The scheme’s objective is to increase relief to the applicants who are the permanent residents of the Assam state in availing education loans in case they have already registered and also if they are willing to apply. It is a great initiative towards the development of children as now the children of the Assam state can accomplish their goals by finishing their higher education. Through this scheme, the financial issues of many children and families in Assam will get lessened.
Abhinandan Scheme 2023 @finance.assam.gov.in.
As per the previous data, applicants around 5547 have received approval from the banks in Assam. The Chief Minister of Assam introduced the Abhinandan Scheme on 26th December 2019 at Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra in Guwahati.
In the past years, the Assam state government has taken many initiatives for improving higher education in the Assam state. Scholarships, free admission to institutions, etc. are some of these initiatives taken by the state government of Assam. Now, the government has decided to implement the Abhinandan Scheme Application Form 2023 in the correct way. Interested students need to create an account and then, the subsidy amount will be deposited directly to the educational loan account of the applicant. Abhinandan Scheme falls under the Finance Department of Assam state. In order to know more about the Assam Education Loan Subsidy scheme or Abhinandan Scheme read the complete article.
Abhinandan Scheme 2023 Overview
|Name of the Scheme
|Abhinandan Scheme or Assam Education Loan Subsidy Scheme
|Government of Assam
|Department of Finance
|Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
|Himanta Biswa Sharma
|Students looking for educational loans
Abhinandan Educational loan scheme is very useful for the students of Assam state who are not financially stable, however, not everyone can apply to avail of the benefits. There are certain necessities that the applicants and their families should have. We have mentioned the eligibility criteria for Abhinandan Scheme 2023 in the section below.
- The scheme is only applicable to the permanent residents of Assam state or the students who should be studying in Assam or outside.
- It is necessary for the students to have already registered for an educational loan at any regional rural or commercial bank.
- No income criteria are needed.
- The applying students must not be beneficiaries of the Bidya Lakshmi Scheme.
- A minimum of Rs. 1 Lakh must be authorized to avail of the subsidy.
- The bank account which is to be used should not be a Non Performing Asset under the guidelines of RBI.
After going through the complete data above, you know the eligibility criteria, so now it’s mandatory to know the documents required for the Abhinandan Scheme. The government and the banks will need certain proof to make sure that a student/ deserving family is availing of the subsidy benefit. Else, anyone can register or apply and avail of the benefits. A few documents are mentioned below, check the list and be ready with the documents.
The students must possess a copy of the pan card, proof of education loan, and proof of address availed.
Documents as Valid Address Proof
- PRC Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
Documents as Valid Loan Proof
- Loan Sanction Letter
- Loan Account Statement
- Account Passbook (Page with details of the loan availed)
These documents can be accessed at the bank from where the loan was taken.
Abhinandan Scheme 2023 Benefits
Before registering for any subsidy or scheme, it is very vital for the applicants to know about the benefits that come with Abhinandan Scheme 2023. The Assam Education Loan Subsidy (ASEL) scheme offers many benefits as mentioned below:
- Only the permanent residents of Assam state will be eligible to avail of the benefits of this scheme, even if the students are studying outside Assam state.
- Students will receive an amount of Rs. 50,000.
- Families who wish to apply for loans ahead can also register for the scheme.
- Abhinandan scheme encourages students to pursue higher education.
- It helps students to plan their education financially and pursue their ambitions.
Abhinandan Scheme 2023 Application Process
In order to register for the Abhinandan Scheme, student needs to follow a few steps as given below. Read the steps and follow them carefully while applying for the subsidy.
- First of all, go to the authorized web portal of the scheme, i.e. assam.gov.in.
- You will be redirected to a new web page.
- After that, tap on the ‘Abhinandan’ scheme option, the Education Loan Subsidy Scheme.
- Now select Yes or No on the declaration.
- The application form will open on your computer screen and you have to fill in all the details carefully.
- After that, you will be asked to upload certain documents. Upload them according to the prescriptions given and submit.
- As soon as you click on the submit button, your registration process for the Abhinandan Scheme 2023 will be completed.