IIST Admission 2023: IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science) is an autonomous foundation below the UGC (University Grants Commission) Act and is related to ISRO. Every year, this organisation conducts national level admission procedure for the candidates who wish to get admission in programmes offered by ISRO. It offers various UG and PG Courses in the field of space technology, space applications and space sciences. Every year, it organizes admission procedure at national level. Aspirants should note that the candidates will get admission in IIST on the basis of various entrance exams such as JEE Advanced, GATE, JEE Main, UGC NET, JEST, etc. Those entrants who have passed these entrance exams with minimum qualifying scores will get admission in IIST.
Qualifying candidates will be enrolled to IIST and its campuses. The application form for UG courses and PG courses will likely be released in the month of May and April 2023 respectively. While for doctoral courses, the forms are expected to be released in the month of December 2023. Complete information regarding IIST Admission 2023 such as admission dates, eligibility criteria, application form and fee, results, etc. are given in the article below.
IIST Admission 2023 Offered Programme
IIST offers following programmes:
- 4-Year B.Tech. ( Aerospace Engineering )
- 4-Year B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering (Avionics))
- 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech. + Master of Science/Master of Technology
- M.Tech in Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics
- M.Tech in Structures and Design
- M.Tech in Thermal and Propulsion
- M.Tech in Control Systems
- M.Tech in Digital Signal Processing
- M.Tech. in RF and Microwave Engineering
- M.Tech in VLSI and Microsystems
- M.Tech in Power Electronics
- M.Tech in Materials Science & Technology
- Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- M.Tech in Earth System Sciences
- M.Tech in Geoinformatics
- M.Tech. in Machine Learning and Computing
- M.Tech in Optical Engineering
- M.Tech in Solid State Technology
IIST Admission 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||IIST 2023|
|Full Form of the Exam||Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology|
|Type of Exam||UG & PG level|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Offered Courses||Space Sciences, Space Applications (Engineering) and Space Technology|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology|
|Test & Interview||Announced Soon|
IIST Admission 2023 Important Dates
For UG Courses:
|Online application form release date||May 2023|
|Deadline to submit the form||June 2023|
|Rank list release date||June 2023|
|Commencement of counseling session||July 2023|
For PG Courses:
|Online application form release date||Last week of April 2023|
|Deadline to submit the application form||Last week of April 2023|
|Display list of shortlisted candidates for the branched which have GATE and online interview||First week of June 2023|
|Display of rank list for PG programmmes on the basis of GATE score||Second week of June 2023|
|Fee payment for first allotment||Second week of June 2023|
|Interview for candidates||Second week of June 2023 to Last week of June 2023|
|Rank list display||Last week of June 2023|
|Reporting at the institution||Last week of July 2023|
|Commencement of classes for all PG programmes||First week of August 2023|
|Last allotment for PG Admissions||Second week of August 2023|
|Closing date for PG Admissions||Third week of August 2023|
For Ph.D. Courses:
|Online application form release date||December 2023|
|Deadline to submit the application form||December 2023|
|Last week of payment submission||December 2023|
|Interview date||December 2023|
|Selected applicants list display||December 2023|
|Commencement of the session||January 2023|
In the below section, we have provided the eligibility criteria for IIST Admission 2023. Check out the same below:
For UG Courses:
- Age Limit: Those candidates who are born or after 1st October 1997 are eligible for admission and 5 year relaxation in age will be provided to the candidates belonging to the reserved category.
- Qualification: Candidates who have successfully cleared 10+2 intermediate or its equivalent examination from any recognized board of education are eligible for the admission.
- Marks: Entrants need to secure at least 75% (65%for SC/ ST category) in aggregate.
- Subjects: It is important for the applicants to pass 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) as mandatory subjects.
- Score Card: Entrants need to possess a valid score in JEE Advanced 2023.
- Citizenship: Entrant must be the citizen of India.
For PG Courses:
- Age Limit: Applicants should not exceed the age of 32 years. Those who belong to the reserved category will get age relaxation.
- Qualification: Candidates should hold a degree of B.Tech/ B.E. / M.Sc. from any recognized institution.
- Marks Criteria: Admission seekers should have scored minimum of 60% (55% for reserved category candidates) marks in their qualifying examination.
- Score Card: They need to produce a valid score of GATE, UGC NET/ JEST exam.
IIST Admission 2023 Application Form
- For each UG and PG courses, IIST Application form will be provided online via the official website of IIST i.e. www.iist.ac.in.
- For UG courses, candidates will be able to apply from May 2023 and Last week of April for PG courses. Candidates must assure to submit the application form on or before the last date.
- Candidates will have to follow numerous steps of application procedure including – Registration, Providing correct particulars within the application form, uploading pictures of documents, and making application fee payment.
- Entrants need to transfer their scanned photograph, signature, and caste certificate (if necessary) within the prescribed formats and sizes.
- At last we suggest the candidates to generate a print out of each the applying form and fee receipt for an additional uses.
|Male, General, EWS Candidates||INR 600/-|
|Females, SC/ ST Candidates||INR 300/-|
IIST Admission 2023 Results
The IIST 2023 result will be available in the form of scorecard through online mode. The rank list will be provided to the candidates on the specified date and time for both UG and PG courses. It will hold the performance and marks of the scholars within the participated examination. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored within the JEE advanced 2023 examination for UG courses. For PG courses, the list will be set up considering the marks of the participant in GATE, JEST or UGC net examination.