AIBE 2023: AIBE (All India Bar Examination) is going to be organized tentatively in the month of November 2023 through online mode. Bar Council of India is the respected authority that conducts this examination every year. It is a national-level entrance exam that will be conducted in 40 cities in India. The exam is basically commenced to examine an advocate’s capability to practice the Law profession in India. Therefore, their analytical abilities and basic knowledge of the law will be tested. Candidates need to appear for this examination through offline mode i.e. pen paper-based mode. Besides this, applicants will be able to select among 11 languages for attempting the examination.
AIBE 2023 Highlights
|Full Examination Name||All India Bar Examination|
|Short Examination Name||AIBE|
|Conducting Body||Bar Council of India|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Languages||Hindi, English, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Bengal, Gujarati, Oriya, Assamese, Punjabi|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Application Fee (General)||3560 Rs (Offline)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
AIBE 2023 Important Dates
|AIBE Registration Start Date||1st week of September 2023|
|AIBE Registration 2023 Closing Date||4th week of October 2023|
|AIBE 2022 Admit Card Release Date||4th week of October 2023|
|AIBE XII Exam Date 2022||1st week of November 2023|
The Bar Council of India (BCI) is responsible for framing the eligibility criteria that candidates need to fulfill in order to participate in the qualification exam. Any candidate who fails to satisfy the eligibility standards but still applies for AIBE XVII, such candidate will be disqualified by the official authorities at any stage of the certification process.
The Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Academic Qualification: Applicant must possess a graduation degree in law i.e. 3-year LLB or 5-year integrated LLB.
- Bar Council Registration: He/ she must be registered with their respective bar councils.
- Age criteria: The authorities of BCI have not set any age limit for appearing in AIBE Exam XVII (17) 2023.
- Any candidate who meets the above AIBE eligibility norms 2023 can take part in the exam to obtain the COP certificate.
AIBE 2023 Application Form
The candidates need to gather all the vital information regarding the AIBE application form 2023. They should also fill up and submit the application form on or before the specified date and time. Details about AIBE Registration Form 2023 are given as follows:
- The application form for the entrance examination will be made accessible online on the official website of the Bar Council of India.
- Applicants can fill out the application form most probably from the first week of September 2023.
- Provide your personal and academic details very carefully in the form.
- Candidates need to get a printout of the duly filled application form for further admission process.
- Moreover, they also need to provide their valid email id and phone number as the authority will use this information for future communication.
- Applicants belonging to SC/ ST category should upload a self-attested copy of their caste certificate in Hindi or English language along with the other required certificates and documents.
- Besides this, in case the caste certificate is not uploaded during the application process, then no relaxation on fee will be provided to the applicants.
- Furthermore, applicants will have to submit the required registration fee amount along with the online submission of the registration form.
- It must be noted that candidates should not send any documents through the post.
Applicants can pay the application fee through online mode using a debit card/ credit card or internet banking methods.
|General/ OBC||INR 3560/-|
|SC/ ST||INR 2560/-|
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Type of Examination: Certification based
- Duration of Examination: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Type of Questions: Objective-type questions
- Total Number of Questions: 100
- Total Marks: 100
- Negative Marking: No
The question paper will hold a total of 100 Objective Type questions which are basically Multiple Choice questions. The queries will be from 20 subjects. The 20 topics are divided into the category I and category II. Each topic of Category I will include total 7 questions whereas the subjects of Category II comprise of total 23 questions.
|Category-I (Part-I)||Category-II (Part-II)|
|Alternative Dispute Resolution||Administrative Law|
|Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act||Company Law|
|Constitutional Law||Environmental Law|
|Contract Law, including Specific Relief, Special Contracts, and Negotiable Instruments||Family Law|
|Criminal Law I: The Indian Penal Code||Human Rights Law|
|Criminal Procedure||Labour and Industrial Law|
|Drafting, Pleading, and Conveyancing||Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents, and Consumer Protection Law|
|Evidence||Principles of Taxation Law|
|Jurisprudence||Public International Law|
|Professional Ethics and the Professional Code of Conduct for Advocates||–|
AIBE 2023 Results
Once BCI AIBE (XII) examination process is successfully over, participants should wait for their AIBE 12 Results to evaluate their performance in the examination. Applicants are suggested to keep an eye on the main website of the competent authority after the examination process as the results will only be announced on the official website of BCI. The qualified candidates will be awarded the “Certificate of Practice” in the law profession.
- New Delhi