AIBE ( All India Bar Examination) is an entrance exam that is commenced on a national level by the Bar Council of India or BCI. This entrance examination is conducted in order to select capable individuals who can practice law with intelligence and confidence. AIBE 2024 is the examination through which a ‘Certificate of Practice’ is granted for carrying out the legal profession. Those candidates who successfully clear the entrance test will be able to get the certificate. This examination will be conducted in 40 different cities across India.
AIBE is scheduled to be carried out in the month of March 2024 tentatively. The examination is going to be held in offline mode. In order to participate in the examination candidates will have to fill out the application form for which the registrations will be expected to start from December 2024. In order to get the registration form, candidates should go to the official portal of AIBE i.e. www.allindiabarexamination.com.
AIBE 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Examination||AIBE|
|Full-Form of Exam||All India Bar Examination (AIBE)|
|Types of Exam||UG & PG Level|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Conducting By||Bar Council of India|
|Mode of Application Form||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)|
|Date of Exam||March 2024|
AIBE 2024 Important Dates
|Online Registration Starting Date||December 2023|
|Payment through bank challan||January 2024|
|Online Registration Closing||January 2024|
|Last date of Payment||January 2024|
|Admit Card Availability||March 2024|
|Examination date||March 2024|
The AIBE eligibility criteria is given in the section below:
- Nationality: Appliers should belong of Indian nationality.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should complete 3 years or 5 years of LLB Degree from a Bar Council of India recognized law school.
- Minimum Marks or Age limit: No minimum marks or age limit is prescribed to be eligible to appear for AIBE.
- Enrollment with State Bar Council: In order to appear in the AIBE examination, candidates should make sure that he/ she is enrolled in the State Bar of Council. Entrants must have an advocate enrollment card which will be issued through State Bar Council.
AIBE 2024 Application Form
The Application Process for AIBE is given below for the candidates who are interested in appearing for AIBE:
- Candidates will be able to apply online mode via the official website of AIBE- www.allindiabarexamination.com.
- The registration process will most probably begin in the month of December 2024.
- They must apply before the last month i.e. January 2024 for submitting the application form.
- While registering, one must make sure to upload the documents such as a scanned photo, enrollment certificate, advocate ID card, and disability certificate if needed.
- The payment of the registration must be made through various modes such as SBI Challan. No other mode will be provided for making payments.
- Candidates will be able to make the payment after 24 hours of the registration process.
- One should get a printout of the application form for further reference.
- Candidates must not send copies of the duly filled application form or any other document to the BCI office.
The application fee for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST category is Rs. 2560 and the fee for the candidates of General/ OBC will be Rs. 3560. Candidates must make the payment through online mode. Candidates who submit the application form must note that the money will not be refunded back.
- Exam duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Total questions: 100 questions
- Total marks: 100 marks
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Marking Scheme: One mark per question, no negative marking will be there in case of wrong attempts
- Language options Assamese, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Punjabi, and English
AIBE 2024 Results
The Bar Council of India will publish the results of the AIBE after a few days after the commencement of the entrance test. The result will state the status of the participant since no rank card will be released.
- The result will show the qualifying status of the candidate, i.e., is he/ she is pass or fail.
- Bar Council of India (BCI) issues a Certificate of Practice (CoP) to the candidate who passes the exam. This certificate is compulsory to practice Law. Furthermore, this certificate is a license to practice law in India.
- However, in case candidates fail the examination, they will be eligible to apply for rechecking of the AIBE Answer sheet for re-evaluation.
- Bar Council of India (BCI) will issue the last date for rechecking and related relevant guidelines.
- An individual is also eligible to appear in the next edition of the AIBE Examination as there is no age limit for the same.
- Please note that there is no bar on the number of AIBE attempts; so candidates can re-appear in the exam if required.
AIBE 2024 Certificates
Qualifying candidates who pass the entrance exam will be awarded a ‘Certificate in Law’ in the law professions. After acquiring the practice certificate, interested candidates will be eligible to practice law from any court across India.