JEECUP stands for Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP) is an entrance examination which is directed every year to select candidates for admission to Diploma, Post Diploma, and Postgraduate Diploma courses. After qualifying this examination, eligible candidates are granted admission to the diploma courses in the field of engineering, technology and management. It must be clarified that the only mode of JEECUP 2024 or UP Polytechnic will be online mode. No application forms through offline mode will be accepted.
This entrance exam is conducted in all the districts of Uttar Pradesh in online mode. Interested candidate can visit the official web portal of JEECUP in order to get the application form. The qualified candidates from
JEECUP 2024 Overview
|Full Name of the Examination||Uttar Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination (Polytechnic)|
|Short Exam Name||JEECUP|
|Conducting Authority||Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
JEECUP 2024 Important Dates
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Starting of online application process||January 2024|
|Last date to submit online application form||March 2024|
|Availability of correction window||April 2024|
|Admit Card||July 2024|
|Exam Date for Group A (Engineering/ Technology and Diploma Courses) & Group E||July 2024|
|Exam Date for Group B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I
K1 to K8 (Other Courses)
|Group B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I: July 2024
K1 to K8: August 2024
|Starting of Counseling||August 2024|
- The minimum age of the candidates must necessarily be 14 years as of 1st July 2024.
- A Group (Engineering & Technology Diploma): The candidate who have passed class 10th with at least 35% marks is eligible.
- B Group (Agriculture Engineering): Those candidates who have cleared class 10th with agriculture stream and at least 35% marks are eligible.
- C Group (Fashion Design, Home science and Textile design and engineering): An applicant should have passed high school/ class 10th or equivalent with 35% marks in order to apply for exam.
- D Group (Modern Office Management and Secretarial Practice / Library and Information Science): A candidate must be 12th passed with Hindi and English as mandatory subjects.
- E Group (Diploma in Pharmacy): It is necessary to pass 10+2 with chemistry and physics as compulsory subjects and Biology/ Mathematics in order to appear for the exam.
- F Group (PG Diploma in Biotechnology (Tissue culture): One must possess a B.Sc Degree with Biology, Chemistry/ Biochemistry as compulsory subjects.
- G Group PG Diploma courses: Any graduate is eligible to apply for JEECUP.
- H Group (Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology): If the candidate has passed class 12th with 35% marks in aggregate then he/ she is eligible to appear for the exam.
- I Group (Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering): On must have passed 12th with PCM and at least 50% marks in aggregate in order to be eligible.
- K Group (Lateral entry in 2nd year Engineering Diploma courses): Entrants who have passed Intermediate Science or ITI (minimum 2 years duration) can apply for JEECUP.
JEECUP 2024 Application Form
Go through the detailed guidelines below to fill the JEECUP application form 2022.
- For registration, candidates need to visit the official website which is www.jeecup.nic.in and click on the application link to apply for UP JEE 2024. Provide your details like name of candidate and his/ her parents/ guardian, Aadhaar number, valid email id, date of birth and phone number.
- After successful registration for JEECUP, candidates have to proceed with the application form with their login details. They will have to fill details like – academic qualification, domicile and category details. They will also have to select cities in the order of preference for JEECUP exam centre from the available options.
- In the next step, candidates are required to upload their scanned passport-sized photograph and scanned image of signature as per the specification mentioned in the form.
- In the last step, candidates are required to pay the application fee either through online mode which includes net banking, credit or debit cards or offline mode including e-challan. For offline payment, applicants have to first generate the e-challan through JEECUP application portal and then pay the fee at any branch of State Bank of India.
|Category||Fee (Excluding Bank Charges)|
- Exam Mode: Online mode.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Duration: Total 150 minutes.
- Total Questions: Total 100 questions.
- Medium: Hindi and English language.
- Marking Pattern: For every correct answer, candidates will get +4 marks, while for every wrong response, there will be a reduction of -1 mark.
Subject wise paper pattern:
|Subjects||No. of questions|
The result of the exam will be made obtainable on the official website of JEECUP. It is expected that the Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh will reveal the result tentatively in the month of August 2024. The result will comprise of marks and qualifying status of the entrant. Candidates will not be able to receive scorecards or rank card. Every candidate has to download the scorecard from the website only. Along with the result, the council will also release the answer key.