Aliah University B.Ed Admission 2023: Aliah University is an autonomous university located in New Town, West Bengal, India. The University is controlled by the state Govt. It was earlier known as Mohammedan College of Calcutta and was elevated to the University in 2008.
Aliah University offers various courses like B.Ed. The candidates who want to pursue a B.Ed course from Aliah University have to pass an entrance examination to get admission. The university will also evaluate the previous academic records of the candidates applying for the B.Ed course. The application forms will be available through online mode for B.Ed admissions 2023. You can get the important details for Aliah University B.Ed admission 2023 from this article.
Important Dates- Aliah University B.Ed Admission 2023
|Commencement of Online application process||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit the online applications||3rd week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit the hard copy of the online application along with all testimonials||Last week of April 2023|
|Availability of admit cards||1st week of May 2023|
|Entrance examination date||2nd week of May 2023|
|Release of 1st list of admission||3rd week of June 2023|
|Admission date based on 1st list||3rd week of June 2023 to 4th week of June 2023|
|Release of 2nd list of admission||Last week of June 2023|
|Admission date based on 2nd list||Last week of June 2023|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of July 2023|
The candidates must check the eligibility criteria required to appear for the entrance test to get admission in the B.Ed course at Aliah University. The eligibility criteria are as follows-
- The age of the candidates applying for the B.Ed course must not exceed 35 years, as of 1st July 2023.
- The upper age limitation of 5 years will be provided to the applicants with a disability.
- There are no age limit criteria for the deputed candidates.
- The candidates must have qualified 3 years Hons. Graduation/ 2 years Master’s Degree/ 5 years Integrated Master’s Degree scoring a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- The applicants who want to choose Physical Science as their method subject must have qualified 3 years Hons. Graduation/ 2 years Master’s Degree/ 5 years Integrated Master’s Degree in Physics & Chemistry scoring minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- The candidates who have a Hons. Degree/ PG Degree in Electronics/ Computer Application/ Computer Science or B.E./ B.Tech in Computer Science Eng./ Electrical Eng./ Civil Eng./ Electronics & Communication Eng./ Mechanical Eng. Are also eligible to apply for B.Ed course.
They have to choose Physical Science as their method subject (provided they have studied Physics/ Chemistry as a subject of minimum 200 marks at graduation level).
- The applicants having Hons./ PG in Statistics/ Economics is eligible to apply for Mathematics as their method subject (provided they have studied Mathematics as a subject of minimum 200 marks at Graduation level).
- The marks obtained in Hons. Subjects will be considered for fresher Hons. Graduates.
- The scores of General/ Subsidiary/ Pass subjects will be considered for general graduates.
Criteria for deputed applicants
- The applicants should be teaching in 9th standard in recognized High Madrasah/ Sr. Madrasah of West Bengal.
- If in case, the seats reserved for deputed applicants remain vacant then the seats can be offered to fresher applicants of the University.
Aliah University B.Ed Application Form
- The candidates need to visit the official website of the University aliah.ac.in.
- You have to fill in the required details such as educational, personal, contact details, etc. in the application form.
- The scanned images of your photograph and signature must also be uploaded during form filling. . It should be in jpeg/ png/ jpg format and the size must not exceed 200kb.
- Before submitting the application form, you also have to pay the application fee of Rs. 400/-. The fee can be paid through online mode.
- Once you submit your application, you will get a Unique Application ID.
- Make sure you take the printout of the duly filled-in application form and fee receipt for further reference.
- The hard copy of the application form (along with other required documents) must be reached at the following address before the last date-
Action Area- IIA/27,
New Town, Kolkata-700156
Documents required to submit with the hardcopy of application form
- Marksheets from 10th to UG/PG course
- Age proof certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
The candidates must not that they must have mentioned these details on the envelope of the application form- method subject, category (Deputed or Fresher), University last attended, PWD (If applicable).
- The mode of examination will be offline.
- There will be a total of 60 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get only one hour to attempt the question paper.
- The maximum marks will be 60.
- The students will get 1 mark for each correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|GK of Islamic Studies & Culture||10||10|
|GK & Current Affairs||10||10|
Aliah University B.Ed Admission Procedure 2023
The admission procedure in the B.Ed course will be completed in three stages.
Entrance Test: In the first stage, an entrance examination will be conducted to shortlist the eligible candidates for admission.
Merit List: In the next stage, a merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the candidates in the entrance test and educational qualification at the 10th to UG level. In preparation for the merit list, 60% weightage will be given to the marks obtained in the entrance test and the rest 40% will be given to class 10 to UG.
Counseling: The candidates whose name will be appeared on the merit list will be allowed to take part in the counseling. The applicants need to bring their original documents for verification. The candidates selected in counseling will be finally selected for admission in the B.Ed course at Aliah University. After selection, you can continue with the admission formalities to confirm your seat.
Aliah Universit official website: https://www.aliah.ac.in/