Aliah University Merit List 2023: Aliah University is situated in Kolkata, West Bengal. It is popularly known as Madrasah or Madrasah-i-Aliah. The University offers various UG, PG, Ph.D. courses in different streams like Arts, Science, Technology, etc. Every year many candidates apply in different courses to get admission at Aliah University.
Aliah University provides admission to eligible candidates based on the aggregate marks scored in the qualifying examination and the entrance examination AUAT scores. After the entrance examination, the admission authority releases results online on the official website. Followed to the examination result, a merit list is prepared. The merit list for Aliah University Admission 2020 was prepared based on the calculations mentioned below. You can get an idea from this calculation.
- Step-I: Percentage of marks scored in 10th x 0.2
- Step-II: Percentage of marks scored in 12th x 0.2
- Step-III: Percentage of marks obtained in UG (General) x 0.2
- Step-IV: Percentage of marks scored in UG (Hons.) x 0.3
- Step-V: Percentage of marks scored in PG x 0.3
Aliah University Merit List- Counselling Process
The release of the merit list appears the name of shortlisted candidates to take part in the next round of the selection procedure i.e. counseling. The shortlisted candidates have to pay the registration fee for counseling. They can pay the fee online mode.
After verification of the payment, the portal will accept your registration and send a confirmation to your registered email ID. The candidates will have to choose their preferred colleges for admission, however, the counseling department will allocate you the particular college as per your merit. Availability of seats in the affiliated colleges plays an important role in the counseling process and the seats are allotted accordingly. After the allotment of the seat, the candidates have to visit the college personally to complete the admission process.
Documents needed for verification
Document verification is a vital stage of counseling. The candidates taking part in counseling have to bring their original documents for verification. The documents needed for verification includes-
- Admit card of AUAT entrance examination
- A valid scorecard of the AUAT entrance test
- Birth certificate or 10th mark sheet as age proof certificate
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination
- Domicile certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
How to Check Aliah University Merit List Online?
- To check the merit list for admission, the candidates have to visit the official website of the University aliah.ac.in.
- Now you need to search for a link for the merit list and click on it.
- Now you can download the Merit List pdf file.
- The merit list will have the name of the candidates shortlisted for counseling.
Reservation of Seats
Aliah University reserves a certain No. of seats for different categories under the norms of the Govt. of India. You can get an idea from the seat reservation of Aliah University Admission 2020 as follows-
- 3% of seats are reserved for Physically Challenged categories. The candidates who belong to these categories must have mentioned it at the time of applying and also need to show the corresponding proof. The candidates with a minimum of 40% permanent physical impairment in a body part/ system/ extremity/ whole body, etc. will be provided this reservation.
- 10 supernumerary seats will be reserved for the candidates who belong to J & K (in B.Tech courses 2 seats per branch).
- A separate admission procedure will be carried out for foreign candidates. These category candidates are requested to stay updated with the University website for further information.