AMIE shortened for Associate Members of Institution of Engineers is a national-level entrance test that is taken by diploma engineers and engineers graduates for their career growth or evolution. This exam is conducted by all state governments, Central governments, UPSC, and AICTE. The main statutory body that regulates this exam is IEI (Institution of Engineers India). The headquarters of IEI is situated in Kolkata. The exam is conducted for ten engineering courses/ disciplines. Approximately 90, 000 students take part in this entrance exam annually. AMIE is termed one of the oldest engineering exams in India. Therefore, aspirants who are seeking admission in engineering courses can fill the application form online as the application forms are released by the authority. Candidates can look up all the complete details regarding AMIE 2023 given in the post below.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials & Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Marine Engineering
AMIE 2023 Highlights
|Name||Associate Members of Institution of Engineers|
|Conducting Authority||IEI (Institution of Engineers India)|
|Frequency of Exam||Twice a year (Summer & Winter)|
|Basis of Entrance Exam Conduction||To select candidates for various engineering courses|
|Application mode||Online and offline|
AMIE 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration begins from||2nd week of March 2023|
|Online registration ends on||2nd week of April 2023|
|Admit card releases on||To be announced|
|Entrance exam date||To be announced|
|Result declaration||To be announced|
|Counseling||To be announced|
- Indian and foreign citizens both are eligible to apply for this exam.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th or diploma from a recognized board of education.
- The candidate must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects in class 12th
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 45% marks in the class 12th examination.
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th level can also apply.
- At the time of applying, the candidate’s age should not be less than eighteen years of age.
The candidate must have passed SSC and must have also passed Polytechnic Diploma from IETE, NTTF, CIPET, IGNOU, ICE, etc. who get admission to direct second-year as a lateral entry.
AMIE 2023 Application Form
- First of all, aspirants have to go to the official website of AMIE i.e. www.ieindia.org. and search for the application form.
- After getting the application form, register yourself if you are a fresh user.
- Once the registration is completed, candidates have to start filling the application form with their personal, academic, communications, and other details.
- Upload the documents if required in the application form.
- Pay the application fee through online means such as debit cards, credit cards, and internet banking.
- Candidates can also apply offline by getting the application form from the respective centers or they can directly download it from the website.
- You have to fill the form with all the correct details and submit it to the below-mentioned address. The form has to be submitted with a Demand Draft drawn in favor of “The Institution of Engineers (India)” payable at Kolkata. It should be sent at this address:
The Secretary & Director-General, The Institution of Engineers (India) 8 Gokhale Road, West Bengal, Kolkata-700020.
Note: Do not forget to write your ST/ST number on the backside of the Demand Draft.
|Exam Fee||Indian and Nepal||Overseas (US) through DD only|
|Section A (Non-diploma stream)||INR 3000/-||$ 225|
|Section A (Diploma Stream)||INR 3000/-||$ 225|
|Section B||INR 3000/-||$ 225|
|Provisional Appearance (Section A/ B)||INR 1500/-||$ 150|
|Additional Subject Appearance (per subject)||INR 500/-||$ 30|
Pattern fo Paper
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Questions type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Sections||Two (A and B)|
|Exam medium||English and Hindi|
- AMIE will be conducting a common exam for the candidates who want to pursue engineering courses.
- Section A will include topics from Engineering Science and Basic Sciences Communication.
- Once the candidates get knowledge about these subjects, they can proceed with the creation of the Project.
- After the completion of all these steps, candidates have to move further to Section B.
- The aspirants are required to complete the given project within a year.
- The officials will only approve them for section B on the basis of their observation and capability.
- There will be a total number of ten papers out of which seven are mandatory to attempt.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official web portal to apply for AMIE 2023?
Ans. To apply for AMIE, candidates have to visit the official website of AMIE- www.ieindia.org.
Question: When will online registrations begin?
Ans. In the month of March 2023.
Question: What is the last date of form submission?
Ans. In the month of April 2023.
Question: What will be the mode of AMIE?
Ans. Offline (pen and paper mode only).
Question: Who is responsible for conducting AMIE?
Ans. Institution of Engineers India (IEI), Kolkata is the competent authority that regulates AMIE exams every year.