AMIE 2024: AMIE( Associate Member of Institution of Engineers) is a national-level entrance exam that is organized with the purpose of enrolling eligible candidates for undergraduate engineering courses. The examination is conducted by the IEI (Institutions of Engineers India). Entrants who are seeking admission within the BE and B. Tech courses, they’ll have to fill up the application form through the official website of the exam conducting authority. The headquarters of IEI is based in Kolkata city. The exam is going to be held in ten engineering courses/ disciplines. Every year, approximately 90, 000 students take up this entrance exam. It is considered as one of the oldest engineering exams in India. The official authorities will release the online application form once the official notification is out. Aspirants who successfully qualify for the AMIE examination will avail themselves the opportunities for higher education as well as recruitment in both private and government sectors, same as a B. Tech or B.E holder.
- Production Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials & Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
AMIE 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||AMIE (Associate Members of Institution of Engineers)|
|Conducting Authority||IEI (Institution of Engineers India)|
|Frequency of Exam||Twice a year (Summer & Winter)|
|Purpose of Entrance Exam Conduction||To chose candidates for various engineering courses|
|Application mode||Online and offline|
AMIE 2024 Important Dates
|AMIE application form availability date||February 2024|
|The deadline to submit the online application form||April 2024|
|Admit card release date||May 2024|
|AMIE exam date 2024||June 2024|
|Result 2024||September 2024|
- Both Indian and foreign citizens both are eligible.
- Those applicants who have qualified 12th or diploma from a recognized board of education are eligible.
- They should have pursued qualifying exams with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects.
- The minimum qualifying mark is 45% marks in the class 12th examination.
- Appearing candidates of the 12th level can also apply.
- At the time of applying for the AMIE, the age of the candidate must be more than eighteen years of age.
- For diploma courses, it is important to clear the SSC examination as well as a polytechnic diploma from ICE, IGNOU, CIPET, IETE, NTTF, etc. who desire to get admission in direct second-year as a lateral entry.
AMIE 2024 Application Form
- The application form will be ready to release in February 2024( most probably).
- To fill up the Application form candidates should finish the registration method.
- Applicants got to fill out the application only on the grounds of directions mentioned on the form just like the details in the previous certificates.
- Applicants need to provide their private info like date of birth, domicile information, applicant’s address, applicant’s father info, academic information, choice, of course, exam center preference, and a lot of like that.
- Furthermore, make the payment of the application fee consequently.
- Once the payment is done and all the details are furnished, candidates got to take print the receipt for reference.
- After the completion, candidates should keep all their documents ready for instance the print of the duly filled form, payment receipt, 2 passport size photos of the participant, few asked documents and so send all this to IEI, 8, Gokhale Road, Kolkata – 700 020, W.B
AMIE 2024 Application Fee is INR 3000/- for candidates appearing in any centers in India, and 225 USD, for candidates residing outside India. AMIE application fee should only be made through Demand Draft. The DD must be drawn in favor of “The Institution of Engineers (India)”, payable at Kolkata. Please note that any Money Order/ Cheque, etc. will not be accepted. Candidates can also make online application fee payments.
|Exam Fee||Indian and Nepal||Overseas (US) Through DD only|
|A Section (Non-diploma stream)||INR 3000/-||$ 225|
|A Section (Diploma Stream)||INR 3000/-||$ 225|
|B Section||INR 3000/-||$ 225|
|Provisional Appearance (Section A/ B)||INR 1500/-||$ 150|
|Additional Subject Appearance (per subject)||INR 500/-||$ 30|
|AMIE 2024 Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Questions type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Sections||Two (A and B0|
|Exam medium||English and Hindi|
- The official authorities of AMIE will carry out a common entrance exam for the candidates who desire to pursue engineering courses.
- Section A will have queries from Engineering Science and Basic Sciences Communication.
- Once the candidates understand these subjects, they can further move toward the creation of the Project.
- After the completion of all the above stages, applicants need to move further to Section B.
- Aspirants will have to complete the given project within a year only.
- The officials of the entrance exam will only approve them for section B considering their capability and scrutinization.
- Section B will have a total number of ten papers out of which seven are compulsory to attempt.
After the AMIE examination gets over, the authority will publish AMIE 2024 Results within a few weeks on its official website only. The result will tentatively be published in September 2024. AMIE results will be available as per the ranks obtained by the participant, percentage, and qualifying status. Candidates can access their score card too by logging into the official website which is www.ieiindia.com. They must utilize their registered ID in order to check and download the AMIE 2024 Score Card/ Result.