Directorate of Tea Tribes Welfare, Assam, Guwahati, and Rupnagar is accountable for regulating the entrance examination for Assam GNM through which admission is offered to the applicants in the General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) course. Every year, a large no. of candidates apply for the Assam GNM course. Those candidates who are seeking admission to such a course can apply for this examination via an online medium. Qualified candidates will get admission to various government institutions of Assam state.
General Nursing and Midwifery is abbreviated as GNM and is a three-year duration and six-month diploma course that is formulated for eligible candidates who are willing to pursue a career in clinical nursing. The program focuses on preparing nurses who can effectively work as health team members in both hospitals and other organizations. Moreover, other institutions such as Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences (SSUHS) also regulate this entrance exam. Thousands of aspirants appear for this competitive exam annually for the candidates to pursue their dream of becoming a nurse.
18th May 2022: Assam GNM Admission process has been started. Interested candidates can apply till 2nd June 2022. Check all the details given below.
Assam GNM 2022 Highlights
|Name of the exam||Assam GNM|
|Full form||Assam General Nursing and Midwifery|
|Organizing department||Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Assam|
|Admission to||3 years of General Nursing and Midwifery and a six-month diploma course|
|Application fee||Rs. 1200/-|
|Level of exam||State Level|
Assam GNM 2022 Important Dates
|The online application process begins from||18 May 2022|
|Last date to apply||02 June 2022|
|Admit card release date||17 June 2022|
|Exam date||26 June 2022|
|Declaration of result||July 2022|
|Counseling procedure||July 2022|
Before applying online for the application, candidates should check the eligibility criteria mentioned below for the GNM Admission. Check the rest below:
Gender: Only female candidates are eligible to apply for Assam GNM.
Age Limit: The candidate’s age must be less than 24 years and above 17 years.
Nationality: Indian National candidates and candidates who are permanent residents of Assam state are eligible.
Qualification: Candidates must pass HSC exams from a recognized educational board with minimum qualifying marks as required.
Minimum Marks: At least 40% marks are required in class 12th exams.
Health: Candidates need to be medically fit.
Assam GNM Application Form 2022
The application form for Assam General Nursing and Midwifery course must be filled with correct details. Here we have provided the step-by-step instructions to fill the same. For the reference of applicants, the steps are provided below:
- The application form for Assam GNM Application Form will be made available through offline mode only. No other mode will be there for it. The application process will commence between the 1st week of February to 1st week of March.
- Read and follow all the instructions carefully to fill the application form.
- All the correct and complete details are required to be entered in and submitted in the application form.
- Candidates should take confirmation of all the details mentioned in the application form as necessary.
- Complete the submission of the application form before the last date of submission.
- The application charge for all the candidates is Rs.1200/- which can be paid through online mode.
- Candidates can use online modes such as net banking, credit, and debit card.
Documents Required during Application Process
Below is the list of documents that need to be attached to the application form:
- Birth certificate / Class 10th certificate.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- Caste certificate.
- Bank details.
- A passport size photo (A recent one)
GNM entrance exam is typically conducted in offline mode. However, the exact test pattern for Assam GNM has not been released yet. Candidates may have a good idea by viewing a few important points about the Assam GNM entrance exam below:
The total marks for the exam are 100 and the questions will be in both English and Assamese language. The Assam GNM question paper contains a total of 100 questions with 1 mark each. The subjects involved in the test will be English, General Science, Social studies, and General Mathematics. For each subject, there will be a total of 25 questions.
ASSAM GNM 2022 Important Links
|Official Notification||Check Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
|Online Application Link||Check Here|
Colleges That Offer Assam GNM Course
Here is the list of colleges that offers GNM course in the state of Assam.
- CPMS College of Nursing Guwahati
- Dispur Hospital School of Nursing, Dispur
- RIPT Group of Institutes, Guwahati
- NEPNI School of Nursing, Guwahati
- PBSPN, Guwahati
- Pratiksha School of Nursing, Guwahati
- Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences
Assam GNM 2022 Admission
There are many colleges that provide admission to GNM courses in Assam via the commencement of an entrance test. However, the admission criteria differ across universities/ colleges.
There are also a few institutes that offer direct admission based on the contender’s performance at the HSC level.