Assam TET 2023: Assam Teacher Eligibility Test (ATET) is conducted to recruit teachers for the junior primary (1 to 5) and senior primary (6th, 7th, and 8th) classes in schools. Assam Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted by Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA). Candidates, who are seeking their career in teaching, can apply for this post for both standards. Successful candidates will be recruited for the post of teacher in various private and public schools in Assam. Candidates who are willing to apply must go through the entire article to check the important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, and much more.
Assam TET 2023 Schedule
|Application form releases on||May 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||June 2023|
|Admit card release date||September 2023|
|Exam date||September 2023|
|Answer key release date||October 2023|
|Announcement of results||October 2023|
- Only the citizens of India are eligible to apply for Assam Teacher Eligibility Test
- The upper age limit required for ATET is 38 years.
- 5 years of age relaxation will be provided to SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates must obtain 50% in aggregate in their senior secondary exam to apply for Junior/Lower Primary.
- Applicants must have 50% in total marks of Higher Secondary exam from any recognized board.
- Candidates having B.Ed. degree along with their undergraduate degree are also eligible to apply.
- The exam will be conducted online mode via CBT (Computer-based test).
- The duration of the exam will be 150 Minutes.
- The question paper will consist of objective-type questions.
- A total no. of 150 questions will be there in the question paper.
- 1 mark will be provided for each accurate answer.
- Negative marking is not applicable in ATET.
- There will be 30 questions from each topic for paper 1.
- 150 questions will be there for paper 2.
- The mathematics and Social Science section will cover 60 questions; therefore there will be 30 questions from the remaining 3 topics.
- General Studies will include questions from Analysis, Logical reasoning, Quantitative questions, Mental capability questions, Indian Politics, Environmental Education, Science, Indian Economy (Particularly for Assam), History of Assam, etc.
- Pedagogy includes questions from Educational Psychology, Psychology of Adolescence, Child development and pedagogy, Pedagogy and Learning Process.
- General English will consist of questions from general grammar and Composition.
Assam TET 2023 Application form
All applicants can download the Application form from the official web portal of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan. Candidates must submit the application form before the due date.
Candidates of the general category need to pay Rs. 325/- and candidates belonging to SC/ST category will have to pay Rs. 300/-
Assam TET 2023 Result
The results will be declared by its conducting body i.e. Rashtriya Madhyamik Siksha Abhiyan. The results will be declared online mode. The applicants can get their results by entering their Registration Number, Admit Card Number, and DOB. The scorecard will also be released with the results.
Assam TET 2023 Answer Key
The answer key of the exam will be released immediately after the exams. Candidates will be able to evaluate their scores easily after downloading the answer key. The answer keys will be released individually for both papers. However, results will only be announced after the release of answer keys. Allotted marks will be based on the answer key which will be released by the conducting authority.
Cut off Marks
Applicants are advised to secure qualified marks as asserted by the organizing authority. The cut-off will vary according to t the categories of the applicants. The cut-off is also prepared on the following basis.
- No. of candidates appeared in the exam.
- No. of candidates passed.
- The difficulty level of the exam.
- No. of vacancies or seats of the course.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: When will the online application process for Assam TET start?
Ans. The online registration will start from May 2023.
Question: What is the application fee for general and reserved category candidates?
Ans. Candidates belonging to the general and reserved category will have to make an online payment of Rs. 325 and Rs. 300 respectively.
Question: What is the last date to apply?
Ans. The last date to register is in June 2023.