B.Pharma or Bachelor of Pharmacy is a 4-year duration undergraduate degree course in the field of Pharmacy education. Science students who have passed class 12th can practice as Pharmacists after the completion of a B.Pharmacy degree. In this programme, they will get to study Medicinal Chemistry, medicines, drugs Pharmaceutical Engineering, etc. Check here for details B.Pharmacy Admission.
In order to enter in Medical and Health Care Industry, a degree of Bachelor in Pharmacy is the gateway. Admission to B.Pharmacy Course is mostly done on an entrance exam level. Those candidates who are interested can appear for any state level or national level B.Pharmacy entrance exam. Admission to this course is offered in several universities in the month of April and May most likely. Various states such as West Bengal, Maharashtra conducts state-level entrance exams to entry in B.Pharmacy. Most of the admission is done on the basis of the results of Entrance Examinations like WBJEE, BITSAT, NEET, etc. However, very few institutions enroll students on a merit basis.
B.Pharmacy Admission 2023 Dates
|College||Admission Criteria||Application Deadline|
|Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi||Jamia Hamdard Entrance Test||Announced soon|
|Panjab University||PU CET||Announced soon|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||MAH CET||Announced soon|
|BITS, Pilani||BITSAT||Announced soon|
|BIT Mesra||BHMCET/ NEET-UG||May 2023|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal||MET||December 2021|
|JSS College of Pharmacy||Merit-Based||March 2023|
|SPPSPTM, Mumbai||NMIMS CET||Announced soon|
|BIT, Ranchi||Merit/ Entrance Based||Announced soon|
|SRM College of Pharmacy||Entrance Exam||Announced soon|
|Annamalai University||Merit-Based||Announced soon|
Top Entrance Exams Schedule
|Entrance Exams||Registration Dates||Exam Dates|
|NEET||December 2022||May 2023|
|BITSAT||February 2023||June 2023|
|PUCET||July 2023||September 2023|
|UPCET||April 2023||June 2023|
|MHT CET||May 2023||July 2023|
B.Pharmacy Top Colleges/ Universities
Some of the top institutions that offer B.Pharmacy courses in India are:
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Udagamandalam
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
Job Scopes and Top Recruiters
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Drug Therapist
- Regulatory Manager
- Analytical Chemist
- Food and Drug Inspector
- Abbott India
- Research bodies and labs
- Sun Pharmaceuticals
- Glaxo Smith Kline India
- Hospitals and Clinics (Government and Private)
- Drugs and Pharmaceutical Boards (State-wise)
- Medical Shop chains (Apollo Pharmacy)
- Chemist Shops
B.Pharmacy Admission 2023 Eligibility Requirements
- Those who are willing to pursue a B.Pharma course should have scored 50% in 10+2 level from a recognized board with physics, chemistry, and biology/ mathematics as the stream.
- Candidates who possess a Diploma in Pharmacy can also opt for this course.
- If the candidates have cleared 10+2 from non-formal based schools such as NIOS and state-based open schooling, then they are not eligible for this course
- Appliers should have completed 17 years of age before 31st December of the year of admission to the Pharmacy College/ Institution.
- Students who have cleared B.Pharmacy entrance examinations like KCET, JEE, BITSAT, MET are eligible for this course.
- Units & Measurements
- Rotational Motion
- Power & Energy
- Heat & Thermodynamics
- Law of Motion
- Impulse & Momentum
- Mechanics of Solids & Fluids
- Current Electricity
- Work & Energy
- State of Matter
- Surface Chemistry
- Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Biological Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical bonding & Molecular Structure
- Hydrogen & S Block Elements
- Chemical Dynamics
- P-d and f-block elements
- Genetics and Evolution
- Diversity in Living World
- Cell: The unit of life, structure & functions
- Structure & Function of Plants
- Reproduction, Growth & Movement in Plants
- Ecology and Environment
- Structure and Function of Animals
- Reproduction and Development in Humans
- Biology and Human welfare
- Differential Calculus
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Linear Programming
- Two-dimensional coordinate Geometry
- Mathematical Modelling
- Logical Reasoning
- Non-Verbal reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
Applying for admission to B.Pharmacy course is not at all a difficult task if the guidelines are followed properly. We have mentioned the guidelines below for the candidates who are planning to apply for admission to B.Pharmacy course in Indian Universities/ Colleges:
- Candidates can directly visit the official web portal of the institution where they want to get admission and fill-up the form there.
- The registration part will ask for some of the basic contact details of the candidate and then he/ she will receive the required credentials for filling further application part for the entrance exam or for the direct admission.
- After filling up the application, candidates need to wait for the release of the merit list by the respective institution which is either based on the result of the entrance exam or on the scores of the 12th level submitted by the candidates.
- Later, candidates will be informed to take part in the final document verification and admission fees submission process.
- Short-listed candidates for admission are invited to take part in the final selection rounds which include Personal interviews & Group discussions.
- Many top B.Pharmacy institutions commence PI (Personal Interview) for the final round of selection
- And those universities that grant admission on the basis of merit conduct Group Discussion and Personal Interviews as the final selection round.
B.Pharmacy Admission 2023 Counselling
At last, once you get shortlisted, you are thereafter invited to go through the counselling process, which requires submitting all the necessary documents such as ID proof of the candidate, Photograph of the candidate, Exam certificates possessed by the candidate, few declarations, etc required for the final admission process.
2 thoughts on “B.Pharmacy Admission 2023 Application Form, Selection Process”