Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023: Bikash Bhavan Scholarship or Swami Vivekananda Scholarship. Swami Vivekananda is a merit cum scholarship which is formed by the West Bengal Government for 11th, 12th, graduation and postgraduation students. Through this scholarship program, the students of class 11th, 12th and higher education will get financial assistance to continue pursuing their education. It is a great initiative by the government of West Bengal state for the betterment of education in our society and country.
To fill up the application form for Bikash Bhavan Scholarship, students need to visit the official website of this scholarship program i.e. svmcm.wbhed.gov.in. Ever since the introduction of this scholarship, it has helped many meritorious students in pursuing their education. Hence, the West Bengal Government is regularly increasing the number of present slots as well as the total funding. To get more details about Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023, go through this page. This page hereby includes all the data such as scholarship details, dates to apply, objectives of the scholarship program, applying process, eligible candidates for scholarship, selection criteria, awards and amount, etc.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023 Highlights
|Name of the scholarship||Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023|
|Launched by||West Bengal Government|
|Beneficiaries||Students who are pursuing class 11th, 12th, graduation, postgraduate, and doctoral level programme|
|Objective||To promote higher education|
|Benefits||Students will be able to afford good quality education, continue pursuing their education|
|Scholarship Amount||Based on courses|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023 Important Dates
|Starting date of online application||October 2023|
|Closing date of online application||February 2023|
|Starting date of online application for Minority category||July 2023|
|Closing date of online application for Minority category||September 2023|
Objective Of Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
In India, there are a large no. of students who are unable to continue their education because of their weak financial condition. This condition situation leads to the high rates in the dropout of students due to a lack of financial funds. Keeping this in mind the West Bengal Government has introduced a new scheme known as Bikash Bhavan Scholarship. Under the scheme, the government will provide the financial assistance to the economically weaker students who wish to pursue the education in class 11th, 12th, undergraduate or postgraduate and doctoral level. The main purpose behind this scholarship program is to lower the dropout rate of the children due to the lack of financial funds.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants applying for for the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship should meet each and every eligibility criteria set by the West Bengal Government. Students failing to satisfy the eligibility will not be eligible for the scholarship program:
- Students who have clear their 10th board exams with 75% from the state board can apply.
- He/ she should be enrolled in the 12th class.
- Residential of West Bengal are only eligible for the scholarship.
- Students must be studying in the first year of the Undergraduate course in Medical/ Engineering/ GNM Nursing/ General Education/ Para Medical Diploma Course.
- Students who have cleared class 12th exams with 75% from West Bengal state are eligible.
- They must be residents of West Bengal state.
- Students who have passed VOCLET Exam can apply for the scholarship.
- 1oth passed students who are enrolled in diploma courses can only apply.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023 Application Form
In this section, you can see the complete application procedure given below to fill up the application form:
- First, navigate the official website of the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship and click on the option of “Registration” given on the homepage.
- Candidates have to input all their important information to finish the registration process.
- So after the completion of the details, log in to the application form with the provided id and the password.
- Now, fill up the ,mandatory details in accordance to the respective scholarships.
- While filling up all the important details candidates must make sure to avoid any mistake as any variation will lead to termination or the candidature.
- After that you need to upload the relevant documents on the portal of the scholarship. Apart from this make sure to upload all the documents in the right dimensions.
- In the last step, candidates can submit the scholarship application form.
- Recent Passport Size Photo
- Residential Certificate
- 10th class Mark sheet
- Last year Mark Sheet of Board/ University/ Council/ College examination
- Admission receipt
- Income certificate of family
- Domicile certificate as Voter ID/ Aadhaar ID/ Ration card
- Scanned copy of Bank Passbook
The selection criteria followed by the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Organization is given below:
- The number of applications received by the scholarship department will be sorted in descending order of marks
- The preparation of merit list will be done on the basis of the availability of the important documents of the candidate.
- After that, the scholarship amount will be delivered by the concerned authority of the scholarship.
- If the students provide any false information then this scholarship amount transferred should be refunded immediately.
- Candidates accusing false information are forbidden to apply for any further scholarship by the government.
- The authority will take legal actions against the candidate as per the law.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023 Awards/ Amount
|Non-NET M.Phil.||₹ 5,000/- monthly|
|Non-NET Ph.D.||₹ 8,000/- monthly|
|Postgraduate (Arts)||₹ 2,000/- monthly|
|Postgraduate (Commerce)||₹ 2,000/- monthly|
|Postgraduate (Science)||₹ 2,500/- monthly|
|Postgraduate in other UGC approved professional programmes||₹ 2,500/- monthly|
|Undergraduate (Arts)||₹ 1,000/- monthly|
|Undergraduate (Commerce)||₹ 1,000/- monthly|
|Undergraduate (Diploma courses)||₹ 1,500/- monthly|
|Undergraduate (Medical)||₹ 5,000/- monthly|
|Undergraduate (Polytechnic)||₹ 1,500/- monthly|
|Undergraduate (Science)||₹ 1,500/- monthly|
|Undergraduate in AICTE approved Engineering courses, Postgraduate in Engineering & other professional programmes||₹ 5,000/- monthly|
|Undergraduate in other UGC approved professional programmes||₹ 1,500/- monthly|