CA IPCC is basically an acronym for Chartered Accountancy Integrated Professional Competence Course which is the 2nd level of the CA (Chartered Accountant) course. ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) is the competent authority that manages this course. The registration for the CA IPCC continues throughout the year. Those candidates who are interested and want to apply need to fill and submit the application form for the same before the last date. CA IPCC 2023 Examination will be held twice a year. Candidates can expect the examination to be held exam in mid May 2023. This examination is the intermediate stage exam through which one can become a chartered accountant.
This is held at national level by ICAI and every year a large number of candidates from all over the country and even from outside India will be eligible to apply for the same. Candidates can appear for this exam two times a year i.e. in the month of May and November. Get more comprehensive information regarding CA IPCC 2023 such as complete course details, important details, eligibility criteria, application form, examination pattern, results and more are given below.
CA IPCC 2023 Overview
|Full Form of the course||Chartered Accountancy Integrated Professional Competence Course|
|Level of examination||National level|
|Common Name||CA IPCC|
|Type of questions in the exam||Both objective and descriptive|
|Total number of papers||7 papers|
|Frequency of exam||Twice a year (in the month of May and November)|
CA IPCC 2023 Important Dates
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Last date to submit application form for CA IPCC May session exam||1st week of May 2023|
|Last date for making correction in the form||2nd week of May 2023|
|Issue of CA IPCC Admit Card||June 2023|
|CA IPCC 2023 (May)||1st of July 2023 onwards|
|Declaration of result||Notified soon|
The candidates are required to understand the complete CA IPCC 2023 eligibility criteria before filling up the application form for the examination. If any discrepancy persists, then the application form of that candidate may get rejected whose eligibility is not satisfied. The eligibility criteria for CA IPCC 2023 is given in the section below:
- He/ she will be eligible to register for the exam only after passing intermediate examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law and also after clearing CPT (Common Proficiency Test) or CA Foundation.
- Graduate/ Post Graduate Students in Commerce who have obtained a minimum of 55% marks will be eligible to register directly for Intermediate without passing CPT or CA Foundation.
- Commerce Graduates, Non-commerce Graduates and Post Graduates will be eligible to register too for Intermediate by securing 60% marks in Graduation/ Post Graduation.
- Besides the above mentioned points, the students who successfully pass the Intermediate level of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India or The Institute of Company Secretaries of India will be eligible.
- Before participating in CA IPCC, students will have to register themselves for the article ship. During the last six months of their article ship period, they can participate in CA IPCC Exams.
CA IPCC 2023 Application Form
CA IPCC 2023 Application Forms are released throughout the year. Read the exact application process in the section below that you need to follow in order to apply for CA IPCC 2023 Exam.
- To begin the application process, candidates need to register by providing some of their basic details.
- Once all the details are registered, aspirants got to sign-in using those credentials generated during registration.
- After that, the main application form will appear on the computer screen.
- In the main application, candidates need to fill out their full personal, educational and contact details.
- The details provided in the application form must be correct. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- Besides all the details, aspirants are required to upload scanned images of the photograph and signature as per the prescriptions mentioned there.
- Candidates should also make the payment of the necessary application fee at the time of filling the application form.
- After completely filling the form, candidates are required to take a hard copy of the form submitted and fee receipt for future requirements.
For Indian Nationals:
|Details of Fees||Both Groups(Rs)||Single Groups(Rs)|
|Student’s Activity Fee||2000||2000|
|Registration Fee as article assistant||1000||–|
|Group I||$500||INR 36,000|
|Group II||$350||INR 25,000|
Before appearing for the examination, candidates must understand the exam pattern. The general exam pattern for CA IPCC 2023 is mentioned here:
- Mode of examination – Offline (pen and paper based test)
- Total number of groups – 2
- Number of papers – 7 papers
- Number of questions – 100 questions for each paper
- Type of questions – Both subjective and objective type of questions will be asked.
- Name of Papers – Accounting, Ethics and Communication, Business Laws, Ethics and Communication, Taxation, Cost Accounting and Financial Management, Auditing and Assurance, Advanced Accounting, Information Technology and Strategic Management.
|Type of question||Weightage|
|Objective type questions||30% weightage|
|Subjective type questions||70% weightage|
The CA IPCC 2023 Result of the examination will be published by the officials of the Institution of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) in online mode. All the candidates who have given the CA IPCC 2023 November examination will be eligible to check the CA IPCC 2023 Result on the official web handle on the prescribed date.
All the appeared candidates can also get the examination results in the form of SMS and also via email. As the official authorities will also send the outcome to the appeared candidates in offline mode through email or SMS.