CENTAC 2024: CENTAC (Central Admission Committee) is a joint counselling process which is basically conducted by the Centralized Admission Committee. It is organized to shortlist the candidates for providing admission to all diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate courses in the Union Territory of Puducherry. In this counseling process, several government and private colleges/ institutions of Puducherry participate every year. It is a state level admission procedure for which a huge number of candidates apply for. Admissions will be granted to the eligible candidates on the basis of 12th level scores or other national level exams for instance NEET, JEE Main, NEET PG scores. Thus, no entrance exam is conducted for the admission to the same. All the eligible aspirants will be able to secure admission into the related courses to the affiliated colleges like Pondicherry, Mahe, Karaikal and Yanam.
CENTAC 2024 Overview
|Name of the admission process||CENTAC|
|Full form||Central Admission Committee|
|Organizing department||Centralized Admission Committee|
|Mode of the Application||Online|
|Offered courses||Engineering and Other Courses|
|Category of exam||Undergraduate|
|Level of Exam||Central level|
CENTAC 2024 Important Dates
|Online application form release||May 2024|
|Last date to apply online||June 2024|
|Last date to pay the application fee||June 2024|
|Merit list release date||July 2024|
|Seat allotment process||July 202|
|Counseling session commencement on||August 2024|
- The age of candidates who are looking for admission into BPT/ B.V.Sc./ B.Sc./ BAMS/ BDS/ MBBS courses should not be less than 17 years.
- Those applicants who wish to obtain admission into BPT and B.V.Sc. courses must not be more than 25 years.
- To get enroll in B. Tech course, one must not be older than 21 years as on 31st December 2024.
- The admission authority has not declared anny upper or lower age limit for admission into LLB/ BA LLB/ B. Tech (Lateral Entry)/ B.Pharm courses.
The education qualification solely depends upon the course which a candidate desire to opt for. It is as follows:
- MBBS or BDS: A candidate should complete 12th board examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in PCB (physics, chemistry, biology/ biotechnology). For OBC/ BCM/ MBC/ EBC/ BT/ SC/ ST candidates, the minimum qualifying marks is 40%.
- BAMS: Applicant must clear 12th standard exams with Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English Subjects. They must have secured a minimum of 50% marks (45% is set up for the candidates of OBC/ MBC/ BCM/ OPH/ EBC and 40% marks for candidates of SC/ ST/ BT category).
- B.V.Sc. & AH: Those candidates who have passed 10+2 with an aggregate of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Zoology/ Botany are eligible to apply.
- BA (History, Sociology, Social Work, French, English, Tamil, Economics, Philosophy): One must have cleared 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board of education.
- B.Sc. (Bio-technology, Applied Microbiology): Basic qualification is 10+2 or equivalent pass with Biology/ Botany/ Zoology as one of the main subjects.
- B. Com (General, Corporate Secretaryship, Co-operative Management, Corporative Management): One must be intermediate or equivalent pass with Commerce/ Accountancy as one of the major mandatory subjects.
- BBA (General): 12th or equivalent pass candidates with Mathematics/ Commerce/ Business Mathematics as one of the subjects are eligible.
- BCA: Entrant who has successfully passed 10+2 or equivalent with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Computer Application as one of the subjects.
CENTAC 2024 Application Form
- CENTAC Application Forms 2024 will be collected from the premises of participating institute or through CENTAC offices.
- To seek the admission form, candidates should use the online option. It will be accessible to download or applicant can collect it in person from the main office of CENTAC.
- In case, if any sort of changes need to be made within the application form, then the particulars will shortly be updated and anyone can acquire them via online sources as well as newspapers.
- Individuals can collect the examination form in the months of May as well as June.
- Fill in all the required details within the admission form and make its submission to the address prescribed- The convenor
CENTAC office, PEC Campus, Pillaichavady,
Puducherry – 605014
Payment of fees can be done through online facilities which are debit card, credit card and internet banking.
|One course||General category||INR 500/-|
|One course||Reserved category||INR 250/-|
|Two courses||General category||INR 750/-|
|Two courses||Reserved category||INR 350/-|
|Three courses||General category||INR 1000/-|
|Three courses||Reserved category||INR 500/-|
The official authorities will upload the outcome for the applied candidates on their official website in online mode. Registered applicant just need to login to the official website using their login credentials in order to check the Results. The official admission managing authority will consider the performance of the applicants in the past qualifying exams and prepare the results accordingly.
Based on the results, they will also prepare a separate merit list of the shortlisted candidates. Those students obtaining higher marks in the past qualifying exam will secure admission in the concerned college/ institution.