CLAT 2023: Common Law Admission Test is conducted for the selection of the students under NLUs (National Law Universities). This implies that through this entrance test candidates are offered admission to UG/PG law courses at NLUs. NLU has a total no. of 19 universities under it. However, the basic educational qualification required to apply for this examination is 12th for the UG course and graduation for the PG course. Although, admission will only be provided on an entrance basis. Therefore, candidates who are seeking admission at NLU must gather all the complete details of CLAT through this article.
CLAT 2023 Important Dates
|CLAT exam notification 2023||October 2022|
|Online registration begins from||October 2022|
|Last date of online registration||November 2022|
|Availability of admit card||December 2022|
|CLAT 2023 exam date||18th December 2022|
|CLAT 2023 exam result||To be announced|
|Counseling||To be announced|
- Candidates who have completed class 12th from any recognized board are eligible to apply.
- While General and OBC category candidates need to score 45% in the qualifying exam and SC/ST category candidates must score 40% marks.
- There is no upper age limit needed to be eligible.
- Applicants must have completed LLB/5- years of Integrated LLB (Hons.) or equivalent from a recognized university.
- General/OBC category candidates must score 50% similarly SC/ST category candidates need to obtain at least 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
- There is no upper age defined.
CLAT 2023 Application Process
Applicants are required to follow the steps given below in order to fill the CLAT Application form 2023:
- Aspirants can fill the application form on the official website of CLAT- www.clat.ac.in .
- There will be no other mode to fill the application form for CLAT 2023.
- Candidates are required to fill in their personal and academic details in the application form. And they must provide their active email id and phone number in the application form.
- Apart from this candidates will have to also upload scanned passport size photographs and signatures.
- Likewise, they will have to upload all the other required documents that are asked in the application form.
- Meanwhile, candidates need to pay the application fee through their credit card, debit card, pay wallet or net banking or via E-challan. The application fee will be non-refundable.
- At last, candidates must take out a few prints of the application form for further use.
- The examination mode will be online (Computer Based Test).
- The exam is required to be completed in 2 hours.
- Questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- The medium of the exam will be English.
- There are negative markings i.e. 2.5 marks will be subtracted for every wrong response and 1 mark will be given for the right answer.
|GK and current affairs||50|
|Other Law Subjects such as Tots, Contract, Criminal Law, IPR, International Law, etc.||50|
CLAT 2023 Exam Result
- The results for the CLAT 2023 entrance exam will be declared online on its official website. Candidates need to provide their login Id and password to download their results.
- The result will be released in a form of a scorecard. The scorecard will include the total marks gained by the candidate in the exam.
- However, a merit list will be prepared by the officials based on the scores obtained by the students and shortlisted candidates will be invited for the counseling round.
CLAT 2023 FAQs
Question: When will CLAT 2023 online registration begin?
Ans. It will begin in the month of January 2023.
Question: When will CLAT 2023 registration end?
Ans. It will end in the month of March 2023.
Question: What are the age criteria requires for CLAT exam 2023?
Ans. There is no age defined to apply for CLAT.
Question: What is the application fee for SC/ST candidates?
Ans. The application fee for SC/ST category candidates is INR 3500/-