National Testing Agency (NTA) organizes the CSIR NET (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test). By qualifying CSIR NET (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test ), candidates will be appointed for the post of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship/Assistant Professor in the colleges and universities of India subject to satisfying the qualifying standards laid by the UGC. Check the details of the CSIR NET 2024 Application form, eligibility, exam pattern, etc.
CSIR NET 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Exam
||CSIR UGC NET 2024
||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test
||National Testing Agency
|Level of Exam
||Twice a year
||Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship
|Duration of Exam
CSIR NET 2024 Important Dates
|Online application form release date
|The deadline to submit the form
|Last date to apply with late fee
|Admit card issue date
- Any citizen who belongs of Indian nationality is eligible to apply for CSIR UGC NET 2024.
- There is 28 year of upper age limit for the post of JRF.
- No upper age limit is specified for the post of lectureship.
- Applicants belonging to reserved categories shall be given relaxation accordingly.
- Those applicants who possess a bachelor’s degree, in the relevant/ concerned disciplines are eligible for the fellowship solely after getting enlisted for a Ph.D. or Integrated Ph.D. program within the validity time of two years.
- Those candidates who are enrolled for M.Sc. or have completed a UG program are also eligible to apply.
CSIR NET Application Form 2024
- Those candidates who are aspiring to appear are required to fill the application form for the same through online means which means there won’t be any other mode.
- The candidates need to visit the official portal of CSIR i.e. www.csirnet.nta.nic.in
- Candidates can log in with the credentials used during the registration process and begin the online application form filling process.
- Fill out the application form available with the correct application number & password received on your email id and phone number.
- Upload the scanned copies of the documents as per requirements. The instructions for the same will be mentioned there.
- After submitting the application form, candidates can pay the application fee through the online payment modes available.
CSIR NET 2024 Application Fee
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours (180 minutes)
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- Examination mode: Online
- Division of question paper: Total 3 parts
- Maximum marks: Total 200 marks
- Medium of exam: English and Hindi only
- Total questions per subject: Part-A: 30, Part-B: 70 and Part-C: 100
- Part A of the question paper will contain a maximum of 20 questions from the General Aptitude section.
- The candidate needs to attempt any 15 questions out of the total 20 questions carrying 2 marks each to clear this section.
- Total Marks assigned to Part A will be 30 out of 200.
- Part B will contain conventional Multiple Choice Questions regarding the subjects.
- The candidate will have to attempt around 20 to 35 questions to clear this section.
- Total Marks assigned to Part B will be 70 out of 200.
- This part is the last part and includes higher-value questions to test a candidate’s knowledge.
- The questions in this section will be analytical, the applicants have to use their scientific knowledge to solve the scientific problem provided.
- Total Marks assigned to Part C will be 100 out of 200.
- Moreover, negative markings will also be done for wrong questions.
UGC NET 2024 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern
CSIR UGC NET 2024 Results
The results of the CSIR UGC NET will be declared online in the next month after the commencement of the exam. The candidates can download UGC CSIR NET results from the official website i.e. csirnet.nta.nic.in. Post the results announcement, the candidates will be able to apply for the post of an assistant lecturer and junior-level research fellowship.