The Biotechnology Department (DBT) is an Indian government agency that regulates production and management in the field of modern biology and biotechnology in India, under the Ministry of Science and Technology. The department was established in the year 1986. It is launched with a motive to provide fellowships for biotech students overseeing a study at the country’s universities/ institutions. Each year Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) is conducted online to choose students. Every year 275 fellowships are awarded. The official notification in accordance with BER DBT JRF 2024 has been released.
DBT JRF 2024 Important Dates
|The online application process begins from
||3rd week of April 2024
|End date to apply
||3rd week of May 2024
|Admit card release date
||Last week of June 2024
|Answer key release date
||Last week of June 2024
||3rd week of July 2024
- The age of the candidate must not be over 28 years. 5% of age relaxation will be provided to those applicants who belong to OBC/ SC/ ST category.
- Candidates are eligible for Bio Physics/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Botany/ Zoology/ Bioscience/ M.Sc. in Life Science/ M.Tech in Computational Biology or Bio- Informatics/ M.Sc./ B.Tech in Biotechnology/ BE/ Integrated BS- MS/ M.Sc / M.Tech / M.V.Sc. or equivalent degree.
- The candidate should clear the qualifying exam with 60% marks. 55% of qualifying marks are set for SC/ST category candidates.
- Appearing students are also eligible to apply for BET DBT JRF 2024.
BET DBT JRF 2024 Application form
- First of all visit the official website of DBT JRF – www.bcil.nic.in.
- On the official portal register yourself by entering your basic details such as name, phone number, valid email id, etc.
- You will get the User ID and password just after the registration.
- Login using the credentials and enter your personal, contact, and academic details.
- Make sure to enter all the authentic details carefully in the application form to avoid any cancellation.
- Upload requisite documents, submit the application form, and make the application fee payment through available online modes.
Candidates can use the modes to pay the application fee such as credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- The latest passport size photograph of the applicant
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Qualifying Marks Certificate
- Appearing exam certificate
- Category/Caste Certificate (if any)
- The BET DBT JRF examination will be held through online mode (Computer Based Test).
- The BET DBT JRF Paper will consist of 2 parts – Part A and Part B.
- There will be objective type of questions in both parts.
- A total number of 100 questions will be there in the paper for both the parts (50 questions from part A and 50 questions from part B)
- BET DBT JRF will only be held in the English language.
- Candidates will get a duration of 3 hours to complete the entire exam.
- Each question holds 3 marks.
- Part A will have 50 questions from sections such as General Science, Quantitative Ability, Mathematics, Chemistry, General aptitude, analytical, general biotechnology, etc.
- The part comprises 50 questions from Biotechnology.
||No. of questions
||No. of questions to be attempted
|Part A – Mathematics, general aptitude, general biotechnology, general science, quantitative ability, analytical, chemistry.
|Part B- Specific areas of biotechnology
DBT JRF 2024 Answer key
- Soon after the successful completion of the examination, the exam authority will upload the question papers along with the answer keys on their official website.
- With the help of the answer key, the candidates will be able to match their answers with the answer keys.
- They will also be provided with the facilities to submit objections against answer keys in case of discrepancies.
- The result will be prepared only on the basis of the final answer keys.
DBT-JRF 2024 Result
- After the release of the answer key, the BET DBT JRF exam authority will make the result accessible for every exam participant online through the official website.
- Then aspirants will be able to check the result by just providing their User ID and password.
- Subject-wise information and total marks acquired by candidates in the exam will be mentioned on the result/ score card.
- The result/ score card will also have details regarding the rank secured by candidates in the exam.
DBT-JRF 2024 Merit List
- The merit list of nominated candidates for the fellowship will be released along with the result on the official website.
Officials will release the merit list in the form of a PDF file.
- The merit list will contain details about the list, names of the candidates selected for admission, and application sequence numbers.
- Aspirants must be informed that there will be separate merit lists for candidates from different categories.