DBT JRF 2022: The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the ministry of science & technology, Government of India is going to begin its application process for the session 2022. Those candidates who are interested to apply for Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology must check the whole information regarding DBT JRF 2022. Candidates will have to clear the entrance examination for getting shortlisted. The complete information regarding DBT JRF 2022 is provided in the article below.
DBT JRF 2022 Important Dates
|Online application process begins from||3rd week of April 2022|
|Last date to apply||3rd week of May 2022|
|Admit card release date||June 2022|
|Exam date||Last week of June 2022|
|Answer key release date||Last week of June 2022|
|Result declaration||3rd week of July 2022|
- The age of the candidate should not be more than 28 years as of 22nd March 2022. 5% of age relaxation will be provided to the candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST category.
- Candidate must possess with any one of the below-listed degrees-
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying exam with 60% marks. 55% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
- Appearing students are also eligible to apply for this exam.
DBT JRF 2022 Application form
- Firstly visit the official website of DBT JRF – www.bcil.nic.in.
- After that, register yourself by entering your basic details such as name, phone number, valid email id etc.
- Just after the registration, your user id and password will be generated.
- After logging in, enter your personal and academic details.
- Make sure to enter all the details carefully in the application form to avoid any cancellation of the application form by the authority.
- A latest passport size photograph
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Qualifying Marks Certificate
- Appearing exam certificate
- Category/Caste Certificate (if any)
- After uploading all your documents, submit the application form and make the fee payment through online mode.
Candidates can pay the application fee using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
|General/EWS/OBC candidates||INR 1000/-|
|SC/ST/PH candidates||INR 250/-|
- The exam will be held through online mode i.e. Computer Based Test.
- The Paper will consist of 2 parts – Part A and Part B.
- The examination will include the objective types of questions.
- There will be a total number of 100 questions in the paper. (50 questions from part A and 50 questions from part B)
- The medium of the exam will be in the English language.
- A duration of 3 hours will be provided to the candidate to complete the exam.
- Each question will consist of 3 marks.
- Part A will include questions from sections such as General Science, Chemistry, General aptitude, Mathematics, analytical, general biotechnology, quantitative ability, etc. There will be 50 questions in this part.
- Part – B includes questions from Biotechnology. There will be 50 questions in this part.
|Sections||No. of questions||No. of questions to be attempted||Maximum Marks|
|Part A – Mathematics, general biotechnology, quantitative ability, analytical, general aptitude, chemistry, general Science.||50||50||3×50 =150|
|Part B- Specific areas of biotechnology||150||50||3×150 =150|
DBT JRF 2022 Result
After the conduction of the examination, the exam conducting authority will publish answer keys on the official website. Candidates can access the result by entering their user id and password. Selected candidates will be shortlisted for admission. For the admission process, candidates need to carry their original documents with them:
- A photocopy of the Hall Ticket
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Candidate’s final mark sheet of the qualifying exam
- Certificate of the qualifying degree
- Caste certificate
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official website of DBT JRF?
Ans. The official web portal of DBT JRF is www.bcil.nic.in.
Question: When will the registration process for DBT JRF 2022 start?
Ans. In the 3rd week of April 2022.
Question: What is the last date to apply for DBT JRF 2022?
Ans. The last date of registering is in the 3rd week of May 2022.
Question: What are the application charges to apply for DBT JRF 2022?
Ans. General, OBC, and EWS category candidates will have to pay INR 1000/- and SC/ST/PH candidates will have to pay INR 250/-