IIT JAM 2023: The Application Form for IIT JAM 2023 will be made available from the 2nd week of September 2022. IIT JAM -Joint Admission test for Master’s is a national level entrance test which is conducted on a rotation basis. It is organized by IITs. Through this entrance exam, admissions are offered in the 2-year courses such as M.Sc, Joint M.Sc – Ph.D., M.Sc – Ph.D. dual degree & other post-bachelor degree courses. Here, through this article, you will get to know complete details regarding IIT JAM 2023 Admission.
IIT JAM 2023 Important Dates
|Starting of the online application process||2nd week of September 2022|
|Last date of online application form submission||3rd week of October 2022|
|Correction window begins||1st week of November 2022|
|Release of admit card||2nd week of January 2023|
|IIT JAM exam date||3rd week of February 2023|
|Final answer key release date||3rd week of March 2023|
|Result declaration||4th week of March 2023|
|Scorecard release date||Last week of March – Last week of July 2023|
|Declaration of 1st admission list||3rd week of June 2023|
|Declaration of 2nd admission list||1st week of July 2023|
|Declaration of 3rd admission list||3rd week of July 2023|
|Closure of admission||4th week of July 2023|
- Nationality: Applicants of both Indian, as well as foreign nationality, can apply for IIT JAM 2023.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from any recognized university.
- Required Marks: In the qualifying degree, the candidate should have aggregate 55% marks for General/OBC (NCL)/EWS category candidates and 50% for SC/ST/PwD category candidates.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final examination of bachelor’s are also eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for IIT JAM 2023.
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
Follow the complete details of the IIT JAM Application Form:
- The Application form will be made available only through online mode at the official website of IIT JAM.
- Candidates must have to meet their eligibility requirements before applying for IIT JAM Exam 2023, as only eligible candidates will be allowed to appear in the examination.
- The Application Form will be released online in the 2nd week of September 2022.
- Candidates must make sure to submit the application form with correct and valid details only. Although the correction facility will be provided by the relevant authority later to make corrections in the application form.
The correction facility will be available from the 1st week of November 2022 for a few fields only.
- Candidates must submit the application form before the 3rd week of October 2022, as no application form will be accepted by the authority after the last date of submission.
- Candidates should keep a few copies of the printout of the filled application form and fee receipt with them for future references.
The application fee can only be submitted through online mode. The application modes will be Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net Banking gateways.
|One test paper||Two test paper|
|Female- SC/ST/All Categories||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|
- No. of Questions: There will be a total no. of 60 questions in the paper.
- Duration of Exam: Candidates will have to complete the exam in 3 hours.
- Question Type: The question paper will contain Multiple choice (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical answer type (NAT).
- Language: Questions will be asked in the English language only.
- Mode: The examination will be conducted through online mode (CBT mode).
- Papers: There will be a total of 7 subjects.
- Total Marks: The question paper comprises a total of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: Negative marking will be only applicable for section I.
|Types of questions||Total marks|
|Multiple select questions||20|
|Numerical answer type questions||30|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Where to register for IIT JAM 2023?
Ans. Candidates are required to register through online mode.
Question: When will the IIT JAM 2023 Registration starts?
Ans. IIT JAM 2023 registration will begin in the 2nd week of September 2022.
Question: Who is the conducting authority of IIT JAM?
Ans. It is conducted by various IITs and IISc on a rotation basis.
Question: What is the mode of application fee payment?
Ans. The application fee can be paid online mode by debit card, credit card, or internet banking.
Question: What will be the mode of IIT JAM Exam 2023?
Ans. The exam mode will be online i.e. Computer-based test.