There are many diploma courses in the field of Agriculture that can be pursued by candidates after class 10th. After completing high school students can take admission in many agriculture polytechnic courses offered at several institutes. After the successful completion of the courses, students will be awarded a diploma in the relevant trade.
A Diploma in Agriculture is a professional course that deals with the study of farming methodologies and the use of farming machinery. Consequently, those candidates who are interested in the agriculture/ farming sector can pursue a Polytechnic Diploma course in Agriculture after class 10th. Moreover, those candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree in the agriculture field and want to go for higher studies in Agriculture can pursue a PG Diploma Course in Agriculture.
There is a no. of diploma courses that are offered under the Agriculture stream. Students can choose the specific trade as per their choice. In India, there are many Agriculture colleges where students can enroll themselves for the course. This article will provide you with all such details regarding Diploma courses in agriculture after 10th. Check below.
Diploma Courses in Agriculture
Here is a list of diploma courses that students can take up to after the 10th:
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma in Food Processing
- Diploma in Seed Technology
- Diploma in Horticulture
- Diploma in Organic Farming
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry
- Diploma in Agro Products Processing
- Diploma in Post Harvest Technology
These courses are offered at several colleges in India. The basic academic qualification for these courses is 10th.
Diploma Courses in Agriculture Overview
Agriculture Polytechnic Courses
- The basic duration of the Polytechnic Diploma in Agriculture course is 2 to 3 years. However, some duration of the courses varies course-wise and curriculum of the institute.
- Candidates need to pass class 10th with 40% marks in order to apply for this course.
PG Diploma Courses in Agriculture
- Candidates can pursue PG Diploma Course in Agriculture after the completion of their undergraduate degree in their respective discipline. The duration of this course is 1 year or 2 years.
- Aspirants must have passed B.Sc. or equivalent degree in the relevant trade with 50% marks.
There are numerous career options and scope after completing a diploma in Agriculture. A few career options are listed below:
- Government jobs under the Agriculture Department
- Agriculture sales Officer in Private organizations
- Self-employment such as repair shops, farm machine shops, etc.
- Poultry Farming
- Professionals in Food production
- Agriculture Consultant
Top Colleges that Offer Diploma in Agriculture
Punjab Agriculture University: Diploma Course in Hybrid Seed Production Technology, Diploma in Agriculture
- Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University: Diploma in Agriculture, Diploma in Agriculture (Organic Farming), Diploma in Agricultural Engineering, Diploma in Agriculture (Seed Technology)
- Polytechnic in Agricultural Engineering, Dahod – Anand Agricultural University: Diploma in (Agri. Eng)
Sanskriti University, Mathura: Diploma in Agriculture Engineering
- Jagannath University Jaipur: Diploma in Agriculture (Extension Service)
- Lovely Professional University: Diploma in Agriculture
- Maharishi Arvind University (Faculty of Agriculture Science): Diploma in Hi-Tech Farming, Diploma in Organic Farming
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University: PG Diploma in Agriculture, PG Diploma in Horticulture
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU): PG Diploma in Seed Technology, PG Diploma in Post Harvest Technology
UG Diploma Course: Course fees for UG Diploma in Government College can range between INR 15,000 to 25,000 while, in private colleges it can range between INR 50,000 to 1 Lacs.
PG Diploma Course: Course fees for PG Diploma in Government College can vary between INR 15,000 to 25,000 while, in private colleges it can vary between INR 30,000 to 50,000.
Diploma in Agriculture Admission Process
There is no separate entrance examination conducted by the Indian Universities for admission in Agriculture Diploma. The admission is purely done on the basis of merit. The marks secured by the students in class 10th will be taken into consideration for admission in UG diploma courses. For admission to the PG Diploma course in Agriculture, the marks of the students in the last qualifying exam are considered. However, Admission also depends on various other factors such as seat availability, reservation, etc.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the eligibility required for taking admission to Agriculture Diploma?
Ans. Candidates have to pass class 10th in order to be eligible.
Question: What is the duration of the Post Graduate Diploma?
Ans. 1 or 2 years.
Question: What is the normal range of PG Diploma (Agriculture) course fees?
Ans. The course fee lies between Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 25,000 in government colleges and Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000 in private colleges.