Choosing the right path just after giving 12th examinations could be difficult for many students. However, by researching the right way about career options, one can find the right path. Air hostess is known to be one of the most highly paid jobs in the field of aviation. It is considered to be one of the most desired career options after 12th for many young girls. This profession is all about traveling to new places, meeting new people, good pay, etc. However, it also requires relevant skills to be fulfilled to become an Air hostess. There are many reputed aviation institutes where candidates can apply. This article will provide all the details about air hostess courses, eligibility, and many more. Check out the complete post below.
Job Role of An Air Hostess
- Guiding passengers to their seats.
- Answering the passenger’s question during the flight.
- Cooperate with security.
- Make air travel comfortable for passengers.
- They sometimes have to provide medical care to travelers when required.
- Preparing flight reports is another key role.
- Serving food and refreshments to passengers during flight.
Air Hostess Courses After 12th (Certificate, Diploma, Degree)
The duration of these certification courses is between 6 months to 1 year. Once the training is completed, candidates will get a certificate. The courses include:
- Aviation Management and Hospitality
- Aviation Customer Service
- Air Hostess Management
- Air Hostess Training
- Airlines Hospitality
- Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant
Candidates can also lookout for some of the diploma courses to become an air hostess. The duration of the diploma program is the same as the certificate program.
- Diploma in Air Hostess Training
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Aviation and Hospitality Management diploma
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant Training
An aviation bachelor’s degree course is offered to the candidates once they have completed the 3-4 years of training. Candidates can apply to any of the bachelor degree programs mentioned below:
- B.Sc. in Air Hostess training
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management
- B.Sc. Aviation
- BBA in Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- Degree in International Airline and Travel Management
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 50%. They must know English, Hindi, or any other foreign language.
- Age and marital status: The age of the candidate must be between 17 years to 26 years. Unmarried girls can apply for it; however, there are some companies that also recruit married girls.
- Physical Standards: The minimum height of the candidate has to be 157 cms or 5’2 inches. Candidates must have clear skin and the girls should be physically fit and attractive.
- Medical Condition: Along with the physical standards candidate must also be mentally fit. The aviation team will also check the mental health of the candidate. The candidate must not have fear of heights (acrophobia).
Air Hostess Courses Admission Process
Candidates who want to pursue an air hostess course after class 12th need to apply directly to the college/ university/ institute offering an air hostess course. Candidates need to appear for certain rounds conducted by the institute. College/ University will organize group discussions and personal interviews for the candidates. The candidates must have the relevant skills required for the specific course. The personality and skills of the candidates will be tested. Some of the major factors of selection include confidence, communication skills, good appearance, and a positive attitude. Moreover, there are some colleges that conduct an entrance examination for admission into the Air hostess course.
Career and Job Field
There are various top recruiters that recruit air hostesses. Such recruiters are mentioned below:
- Air India
- Spice Jet
- Cathay Pacific
- Jet Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Qatar Airways
- Emirates Airlines
- British Airways
Air Hostess Salary
The basic average pay of an air hostess is between Rs. 16000 to 75000 per month. However, there are some international airlines that pay more than 70,000 per month.
Some Top Colleges Offering Air Hostess Course
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training
- Remo International College of Aviation, Chennai
- Bombay Flying Club College of Aviation
- Coimbatore Marine College
- Jet Airways Training Academy
- Ascend Aviation Academy
- Universal Aviation Academy
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics
- Kingfisher Training Academy
- Air hostess Academy (AHA)
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the age requirement to become an air hostess?
Ans. The basic age requirement to become an air hostess is 17 years to 26 years.
Question: What is the basic pay an air hostess would get upon joining?
Ans. The starting salary of an air hostess would be INR 16000/-.
Question: What is the basic educational qualification required to become an air hostess?
Ans. The basic educational qualification must be 10+ 2 with 50% aggregate marks.
Question: Can a candidate with acrophobia become an air hostess?
Ans. No, candidates having acrophobia (fear of heights) cannot become air hostess. The aviation team cannot recruit such candidates.
Question: What are the height requirements to be an air hostess?
Ans. The height of the candidate must not be below 5 feet 2 inches.