Diploma in Stenography 2023: A diploma in Stenography is a specific course designed for the interested students to train them in the field of typing, copywriting, compiling, transcribing and organization of documents in a corporate and non-corporate firms. Stenography basically defined as a shorthand writing i.e. typing or writing at a much faster pace than regular typists and writers.
Through a diploma course in Stenography, students will gain with the knowledge of fast handwriting in different languages as per their desire, English being the mandatory shorthand writing language. While a diploma in Stenography is not that conventional in India, the job market and demand for quality stenographers is huge across the industries. Gain more knowledge about Diploma in Stenography 2023 from the data given in the post below. Here are some important ideas discussed in court stenography courses:
- Nuts and bolts of machine stenography
- Keyboarding systems
- Legal revealing
- Nuts and bolts of law and law phrasing
- Medicinal phrasing
- Stenography morals
Diploma in Stenography 2023 Overview
|Program Full Name||Diploma in Stenography|
|Duration of the Program||2 Years|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam and Merit Based|
|Average Program Fee||Up to Rs. 1 Lakh|
Diploma in Stenography 2023 Job Role
A stenographer has to perform various responsibilities. These include:
- Stenographers publishes various government documents and reports the same on a quarterly or yearly basis.
- The are required to copywrite and do proof checks different documents in the organization.
- A shorthand writer has to take down the confidential minutes of the meeting and re- published to the concerned participants of the meeting.
- He or she is in charge to transcribe vocal words into the written format.
- Stenographers also caption live events or speeches for a different target audience for instance the deaf or the elderly.
- They are track and maintain confidentiality documents within and outside an organization.
Diploma in Stenography 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Stenography 2023 is mentioned hereby:
- A student must hold a pass certificate from their class 10th or 12th.
- He/ she must be able to possess the identity of proof.
- One needs to clear the minimum cut off marks in the entrance tests, as set by the institute that a student is applying for.
- Some colleges also conduct personality tests or group discussion rounds, for that the students are required to clear the same and score the minimum required marks to get admission to the college.
Diploma in Stenography 2023 Admission Process & Fees
- Many universities/ institutes offer direct admission to the candidates after completing class 10th or 12th or graduation.
- A candidate has to apply through online application form for the colleges that he or she wants to get admission in. The application can also be delivered in the offline form.
- Aspirants need to possess all the documents in order to get enrollment in diploma in the Stenography course. Documents will be class 10th and 12th pass certificates from a recognized board in India, domicile certificates, transfer certificates, proof of identity, migration certificates, provisional certificates, etc.
- The fees for Diploma in Stenography Course depends from university to university but on an average, the basic tuition fee must be approximately INR 1 lakh for the entire course.
- Apart from the education fees, on average, an extra INR 50000 could be spent on extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- The admission fee in government universities will be much affordable, ranging from INR 20000 to INR 50000 for the entire course.
- Professional Skill (Trade Practical)
- Professional Knowledge (Trade Theory)
- Employability Skills
- Library & Extracurricular activities
- Project Work
- Revision and Examination
These are the subjects that are included in a diploma in Stenography in most of the colleges in India:
- Shorthand writing
- Content writing
- Compulsory language writing
- Library and extracurricular activities
- Communication skills (written and vocal)
- Internal project
- Viva voce
- Final year project
- Industry training
- Corporate training
- Government training
A few of the key skills that are necessary to become a Stenographer is given below for the candidate’s reference:
- Determination and interest to learn new things
- General Knowledge
- Organizational Skills
- Disciplined Typing Speed
Salary Details of a Stenographer
A Stenographer receives a decent job and a basic pay of approximately Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 32,000 per month along with all the other facilities, perks and allowances of a government job. In the private sector, salary varies as per the organization and the type of job profile that one has to perform however even then the basic pay for a fresher candidate is approximately Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 20,000.
Experience Wise Salary
|Years of Experience||Average Salary (INR)|
|1 Year||2,40,000 p/a|
|1 – 4 Years||3,00,000 – 3,60,000 p/a|
|5 – 9 Years||4,80,000 – 6,60,000 p/a|