DSS Recruitment 2023- The recruitment date for DSS (Department of Security Services) also known as SSS (State Security Service) will be released soon at the official portal @www.dss.gov.ng. The State Security Service or DSS is managed by the presidency and their heads which are selected by the office of the President, Federal Republic of Nigeria. Eligible aspirants will very soon find the application form online on the recruitment portal of Department of Security Services (DSS).
Currently, DSS 2023 recruitment form is not available and recruitment 2023 is yet to begin. As per the reliable sources, the official authorities of DSS will very shortly begin the recruitment exercise in the official portal where the applications will be accepted. The official schedule is yet to get updated on the authorized web portal of DSS.
Responsibilities of the DSS
DSS is a strong force that performs many functions, however the main responsibility is to provide tight and high security presence around famous politicians. However, the DSS has to perform following duties:
- Executing war against internal crises and disruption that might begin war among citizens.
- Making sure that rightfully enforced the criminal laws in order to intercept any crime from the general public.
- Ensure to offer the enormous security to lawmakers all over the 36 states of the federation.
- The members of the Department of Security Services acts as an anti-terrorism squad in any case of emergency.
SSS Nigeria Ranks
- Staff Sergeant
- Second Lieutenant
- Brigadier General
- Major General
- Lieutenant General
Eligibility and Requirements
DSS Recruitment is based on your academic prowess. An individual should have obtained a Bachelor’s degree with a Second Class Upper Division.
On the other hand, you can show a NCE/ND degree from a well recognized higher institution in any of the following fields:
- Physical and Health Education
- Electrical Engineering/Electronics
- Engineering/IT Specialist
- Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Guidance and Counseling (only applicable for females)
- Computer Science
- A Nigeria’s birth certificate which confirms that you are a legal citizen of the country.
- The height of the male candidate should not be less than 1.7m and 1.64m for female candidates.
- Only a physically and psychologically fit candidate will be eligible.
- One must be a legitimate citizen and doesn’t hold any record of criminal offence in the past.
- The age should not be less than 18 and not more than 30 years.
- Candidate should have at least 0.87 expanded chest measurements – according to the post you are applying for (not mandatory though).
- He/ she should be medically certified by a recognized public/ government hospital.
Application Procedure for DSS Recruitment
- A candidate needs to write a formal letter which shows your Local Government of Origin. It must be noted that the letter should hold the signature of the head/ any top official of your Local Government Area Council.
- Candidates have to submit the handwritten letter to the Director-General, Department of State Service.
- Apart from this, you should submit all your statement of result.
- Provide your two recent colored passport- sized photographs.
- After completing the above steps, contact the headquarters of DSS in your state of origin.
- And finally submit your application.
Screening Exams for DSS Recruitment
All the selected candidates will have to appear in a screening exam. The screening exam basically test candidate’s ability and willingness to assume the desired post. The exam will be held in every state of the country, that means you must aim to locate your own prior to the stipulated date.
After giving the screening exam, the candidates will receive all the other important information via the mobile number or email address you have provided in your credentials.
DSS Recruitment Salaries
As per the authentic source, the Director-General of the State Security Service (SSS) gets up to N1 million per month. However, there is not much data about the salary of other members of the State Security Service. It is to clarify that their salaries are classified and not disclosed for public consumption.
Moreover, the average net salary for State Security Service (SSS) at the DSS, Nigeria is approximately ₦210K as evaluated from 2 employees. In DSS, the Director-General is termed as the highest rank in the SSS. Colonel Abdullahi Mohammed was the first director general. Please note that the Colonel rank is only set up in the Military structure of Nigeria.
DSS Recruitment 2023 FAQs
Q. What ranks are under SSS Nigeria (Non-officers)?
Ans. Non- officers ranks are Recruit, Private, Lance-Corporal, Corporal, Sergeant and Staff Sergeant.
Q. What is the main function of DSS officials?
Ans. Forces working under DSS have to act bravely and provide tight and high security existence around noted politicians.