EWS Certificate Application Form 2023: EWS Certificate is issued to the people belonging to the EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) category. By having a EWS certificate, people can avail the benefit of 10% reservation for the EWS people in higher educational institutions and government jobs across the country. EWS is a sub-class in the reservation under the general category. This reservation scheme is similar to the scheme that was started in 2019. The president of India had passed the EWS bill on 12th January 2019. If you belong to the EWS category then you can avail the benefit of this scheme. Here in this article, we have provided all the necessary information regarding EWS Scheme. Check the benefits, eligibility criteria, application process, facilities, etc.
EWS Certificate Application 2023 Overview
|Launched by||By the Revenue Department|
|Beneficiaries||People from exploited and EWS category|
|Application process||Online / Offline|
|Objective||10% reservation in higher education and government jobs|
|Certificate validity||1 year|
|Name of law||Economic Weaker Section Bill|
- The candidate should belong to the general category. He/ she shall not hold any caste certificate under his/ her name.
- EWS reservation is only applicable for general category candidates.
- The applicant’s annual family income must not be more than Rs. 8 lakhs per annum.
- The applicants or applicant’s family must not own any agricultural land; it should be under 5 acres to avail the benefits of the EWS scheme.
- In case an applicant or his/ her family owns a residential flat then it should be under the area of 100 sq. feet.
- The Residential Plot owned by the applicant or his/ her family must not be above the area of 100 sq. yards in a notified municipality sector.
- The Residential Plot owned by the applicant or his/ her family must not be above the area of 200 sq. yards in a non-notified municipality sector.
- Note: The candidates who satisfy all the above-mentioned eligibility criteria shall be eligible for this scheme.
EWS Certificate Application Process
Candidates can submit the application for the issue of an EWS certificate online or offline. The release of application forms for the same totally depends upon the state government. In case of online application, candidates need to visit the official website of the issuing authority, fill the application form and proceed accordingly. Andhra Pradesh is one of the states that provide an online facility through which citizens can easily submit their applications.
For offline applications, candidates will have to collect the application form from the issuing authority’s office. You can also download the application form from the official websites of the issuing authorities. Candidates have to fill the hard copy of the application form and attach certain required documents in the same. They then have to submit the application form at the office of issuing authority. They have to take out a hard copy of the application form and fill in all the asked details. Applicants must ensure that the filled details are true in nature.
- Name of the state govt
- Name of the applicant
- Father/husband’s name
- Financial year
- Attested passport-sized photograph
Applicants are also required to submit the application fee along with the application form through offline/ online mode. The amount of the application fee depends upon the issuing authority and different state governments. In other words, the application fee will not be the same for all the states.
Certificate Issuing Authorities
- District Magistrate (DM)
- Additional District Magistrate (ADM)
- Deputy Commissioner
- Additional Deputy Commissioner
- 1st Class Stipendiary
- Sub-Divisional Magistrate
- Executive Magistrate
- Taluka Magistrate
- Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate
- Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate
- Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate or candidate’s family resides.
EWS Certificate Validity
Any Asset and Income certificates/ documents will be valid only for a specific time period. Generally, the EWS certificate is valid for one year. The validity for the same is decided by the designated authority of the states. Before using the EWS certificate for the purpose of recruitment or admission, candidates must make sure that the certificate is valid or not.
Candidates can also contact the issuing authority of their concerned State / UT for more information regarding the certificate validity.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Up to how many years an EWS certificate is valid?
Ans. The validity of this certificate is decided by the respective state/ UT. However, generally, it is valid for a year.
Question: Are OBC, ST, and SC categories eligible to apply for an EWS certificate?
Ans. No, this scheme has been started for the people of the general category who fall under Economically Weaker Sections. No other categories can avail of the benefits of this scheme.
Question: What does EWS stand for?
Ans. EWS stands for Economically Weaker Section.