General/ SC/ ST/ OBC categories students who are studying in the first year of Engineering, MBA, MBBS, or Master in Geophysics/Geology program are eligible for ONGC scholarship 2023. Oil and Natural Gas Company Limited (ONGC) runs this scholarship. This scholarship is awarded to 2000 meritorious students every year. Any Indian student who is studying in the above-mentioned courses can take the advantage of this scholarship.
Applicants will get financial assistance of Rs.48000/- each year. The ONGC Foundation is running this scholarship with the aim to provide financial support to the students. The 2000 selected students will include 500 from the Economically Weaker General Category, 500 students from the OBC category, and 1000 from SC/ ST category. Additionally, 50% of the scholarship is reserved for female students.
ONGC Scholarship 2023 Details
|Name of the scheme
|Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
|General/ OBC/ SC/ ST candidates
|No. of scholarships
- The student must be an Indian citizen.
- The age of the student must not be more than 30 years.
- Academic Qualification: Applicant must be studying in 1st year of Engineering or MBA or PG in Geology/ Geophysics or MBBS courses from AICTE/ UGC/ MCI/ Association of Indian Universities/ Central Government/ State Government/ State Education Boards.
- The family income of the student must be less than INR 2 Lakhs per annum (4.5 lakh per annum for SC/ ST category).
- Students must have obtained 60 percent or more in the 12th standard.
- Students must not avail the benefits of another scholarship.
- To apply for this scholarship, students must be enrolled in a regular full-time course.
- Applicants can only apply for the respective location where their institute is located.
ONGC Scholarship 2023 Application Form
- First of all, visit the official web page of the ONGC scholarship i.e. www.ongcscholar.org.
- After that click on the scholarship application form link.
- Start filling in all required details in the application form. The details must be entered in capital letters only.
- Now, upload all your essential documents along with the duly filled application form as well as forwarded by the Dean/ Principal/ Head of the College/ Institute/ University and submit it.
- Submit the hard copy of the form at the designated ONGC office of your respective district/ zone.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Caste certificate (in English/ Hindi language)
- Age proof (birth certificate/ 10th standard mark sheet)
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination
- Annual family income certificate (in English/ Hindi language)
- Bank details (in the prescribed format)
- Copy of the PAN card
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Photo Copy of the undertaking
ONGC Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
The selection of the students for this scholarship is totally merit-based. Academic merit is considered for the final selection procedure. The company will prepare the list of selected students for scholarships. If candidates are pursuing above mentioned UG degree then the selection is made on the basis of the class 12th exam. However, in case a student is pursuing a PG degree then his/ her UG marks will be considered. If the students will have equal marks in the qualifying examination, then, in that case, students with lower family income will be selected for scholarships. The first preference will be given to students belonging to BPL (Below Poverty Line) families.
Zone Wise Address of ONGC
|Chief Manager (HR),
Reservation Cell, Green Hills, A-Wing, Ground Floor, ONGC, Tel Bhavan,
Dehradun – 248003
ONGC, NBP Green Heights, Plot No. C-69, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E),
Mumbai – 400051
|North East Zone
|In charge of HR/ER,
SVS, ONGC, Assam Asset, Central Workshop, 2nd Floor, B.G. Road,
Sivasagar – 785640, Assam
MBA Basin, ONGC, 50 – J.L. Nehru Road,
Kolkata – 700071
ONGC, 7th Floor, East Wing, CMDA Tower – I, Gandhi Irwin Road, Egmore,
Chennai – 600008
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the full form of ONGC?
Ans. It stands for Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.
Question: Which student can avail of the benefits of this scholarship?
Ans. Those candidates who are studying in 1st year of Engineering or MBA or PG in Geology/ Geophysics or MBBS courses from AICTE/ UGC/ MCI/ Association of Indian Universities/ Central Government/ State Government/ State Education Boards will be eligible for the scholarship.
Question: What is the age limit to apply for ONGC Scholarship?
Ans. The age of the applicant must not be more than 30 years.
Question: What is the official web portal to apply for ONGC Scholarship?
Ans. The official website is www.ongcscholar.org.
Question: How many students will avail of the benefit of this Scholarship?
Ans. 2000 students.