Candidates, who are choosing fashion designing as their career, must join the undergraduate and post graduate level courses offering in various institutes. There are so many fashion designing entrance exams that candidates must know about. This article will give you a detailed idea about Fashion Designing courses and its entrance exams nationwide. There are many prestigious institutes in India that offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma courses in fashion designing. The list of such institutes can be viewed in this article. Get more information about Fashion Designing Entrance Exam 2021 from this complete page.
List of Fashion Designing Institutes
Pearl Academy of Fashion:
Pearl Academy for fashion offers various courses in fashion designing at Undergraduate, Post Graduation, and Diploma levels so that admissions can be given to the eligible candidates. Candidates have to qualify for the entrance test for entry in Pear Academy. Through the competitive test, various campuses will get filled with the eligible candidates. After the commencement of the written test, there will be a personal interview as well. The programs offered at Pearl Academy of Fashion are:
- Textile Design for Fashion and Interiors (Delhi, Jaipur)
- Fashion Marketing and Retail Management (Delhi, Noida)
- Interior Product Design (Noida)
- Luxury Brands Management (Delhi)
- Fashion Styling and Image Design (Delhi, Noida)
- Fashion Media Communication (Delhi)
- Jewelry Design (Jaipur)
- PG Diploma in Fashion Design (Delhi, Noida, Jaipur)
- PG Diploma in Fashion Merchandising (Delhi)
- PG Diploma in Fashion Marketing (Delhi)
- PG Diploma in Fashion Retail (Delhi, Jaipur)
IIAD (Indian Institute of Art and Design) is an educational institute that offers bachelor’s programme in the field of fashion designing, communication designing, design and interior architecture. The institute focuses on to provide creative and studio-based designing programmes to the eligible students. The campus is located in Delhi. The selection of the candidates will be done via rank/ scores obtained in iDAT, portfolio evaluation, and interview rounds. Shortlisted candidates will be enrolled in the courses such as:
- BA(Hons) Interior Architecture and Design- 30 seats
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design- 30 seats
- BA (Hons) Communication Design programs- 30 seats
FDDI AIST Entrance Exam
Every year FDDI (Footwear Design & Development Institute), Noida invites application for entrance exam namely FDDI AIST Entrance Exam for admission to the Graduate and Post Graduate level programmes. Those who are keen on making their career in the footwear industry need to enroll in courses such as:
Master Degree Programs for 2 years:
- MBA (Retail Management & Fashion Merchandise)
- MBA (Footwear Design, Production & Management)
- Des (Creative Design and CAD/CAM)
Bachelor Degree Programs for 4 years:
- Des (Footwear Design, Production and Management)
- Des (Leather Goods, Fashion Design and Accessories Design)
- Des (Fashion Merchandise & Retail Management)
Integrated Program (UG + PG) for 5 years:
- Business and Entrepreneurship Management
TDV Entrance Test
TDV, The Design Village, Noida invites applications every year for the eligible candidates in Full Time Post Graduation and Under Graduation Courses in Design. Such courses are B.Des and M.Des. Candidates can apply online at the official portal of TDV for admission to the academic year 2023. TDV is a prominent institute where education in designing in served for educating and promoting the design development.
Kerala State Institute of Design
Kerala State Institute of Design (KSID) offers design courses in various trades/ fields. It was established with a view for creating the vivacious designing community in Kerala. Kerala State Institute of Design (KSID), Kollam, conducts an entrance test (KSID Entrance Test) to provide admission to many eligible candidates into Post-Graduate Diploma Programme in Design each year. The interested applicants can appear for the KSID Entrance Test 2023. The list of KSID courses are mentioned below:
- Integrated Lifestyle Product Design
- IT Integrated Communication Design
- Integrated Textile & Apparel Design
NOTE: The duration of the above mentioned course will be 2 and a half years with 5 semesters each.
NIIFT Entrance Exam
NIIFT is basically an acronym for Northern Indian Institute of Fashion. The institute invites applications for various courses at Undergraduate and postgraduate levels for the academic year 2023. The courses will be offered at Ludhiana, Mohali, and Jalandhar. The Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar affiliated institution receives applications for the following mentioned courses:
- 3 years Sc in Fashion Design in Knits
- Sc in Fashion Design (3 Years)
- Sc in Textile Design (3 Years)
- 2 years Sc in Garment Manufacturing Technology
- 2 years Sc in Fashion Marketing and Management
IITD Jabalpur is a well-known institute that invites applications for an undergraduate course such as Bachelor of Design (B.Des) every year for eligible candidates. The seats in the institute are very limited i.e. 30, so candidates are required to clear the entrance examination as the competition will be tough.
Khalsa College Patiala
Khalsa College Patiala offers courses at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level with a focus to give all-round development therefore, the college provides many courses including Fashion Design and Technology. Interested candidates can use the main site for fetching complete details about the course.
NIDV (National Institute of Design Vijayawada) aims at offering admission to the Graduate Diploma Program in Design. The institute is inaugurated by the government of India to enroll new aspirants in the field of design. NIDV provides admission to a Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (GDPD) with a two-semester Foundation Programme for a duration of 3 years to render specialized studies in three different disciplines/ trades. The specializations are given below:
- Faculty of Industrial Design: Product Design, Furniture & Interior Design, Ceramic & Glass Design
- Faculty of Communication Design: Film and Video Communication. Animation Film Design, Graphic Design, Exhibition (Spatial) Design
- Textile Design: Faculty of Textile, Apparel and Lifestyle and Accessory Design.
All the Fashion Designing Entrance Exams mentioned above indicates the most known and prominent courses. Interested candidates can visit to their respective websites to get a detailed view of the same.