Graduate Aptitude Test Biotechnology (GAT-B) is a national-level entrance examination that is organized annually. National Testing Agency conducts GAT-B examination. By qualifying for this examination, candidates will be admitted to PG in Biotechnology such as M.Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology, M.Sc. in allied areas, M.V.Sc., M.Tech Biotechnology, and M.Sc. Biotechnology. The examination is conducted on behalf of the department of biotechnology. A total no. of 34 participating universities offer 1221 seats in 62 Postgraduate programs. The National Testing Agency has released the application forms for the year 2023. The admit card for the same will be issued in the month of August 2023. The exam will be organized in 58 cities of India. All the information such as eligibility criteria, important dates, the admission process is given in this post.
GAT-B Exam 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test Biotechnology|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of exam||National level|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of counseling||Online/ Offline|
|No. of seats||1221 seats|
GAT-B 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration begins||1st week of March 2023|
|Last date of registration||To be updated|
|Application Correction||To be updated|
|Entrance Exam||To be updated|
|Answer key release date||To be updated|
|Declaration of result/ merit list||To be updated|
- M.V.Sc. Animal Biotechnology: Applicants must hold a B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree or equivalent with 60% marks from any recognized university.
- Reserved category candidates have to secure 50% marks.
- M.Tech Biotechnology: Candidates must have done B.Tech/ B.E. in the relevant trade from a recognized university.
- M.Sc. Allied Areas/ Agricultural Biotechnology: B.Sc. degree in the relevant discipline is needed.
GAT-B 2023 Application Form
- Visit the official website to fill GAT-B 2023 Application form i.e. www.rcb.res.in.
- If you haven’t registered before, then complete registration by providing your name, ID, email, date of birth, and mobile number.
- Fill the application with all your details including personal, academic, etc.
- Upload all the asked documents in the prescribed size and format.
- Pay the application fee via UPI, Internet banking, debit card, or credit card.
|General and OBC category||Rs. 1200/-|
|SC, ST, EWS, and Differently abled||Rs. 600|
|Duration of exam||180 minutes (3 hours)|
|Mode of exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Total sections||2 (A and B)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
GAT-B 2023 Exam Centres
- Port Blair
GAT-B 2023 Result
The National Testing Agency will release the results and rank card in the online mode. The result is released in the form of the merit rank along with the rank card. Those candidates who have appeared in the entrance examination can check the result and download their rank cards by visiting the official website. All the candidates can download the result by entering their login credentials. The merit list holds the rank acquired by candidates in the entrance examination. The result is based on their performances in the entrance examination. The participating universities in the admission process of GAT-B 2023 will release the waiting list after the declaration of the result. The waiting list of GAT-B will be prepared by the authorities on the basis of the candidate’s rank which is used for admissions by the participating institutes.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official website to apply for GAT-B Exam?
Question: Who will conduct the GAT-B entrance exam?
Ans. The entrance test will be organized by the National Testing Agency
Question: What is the mode of examination?
Ans. Online i.e. Computer Based Test mode.
Question: What will be the courses offered through the GAT-B exam?
Ans. Candidates will be admitted to courses such as:
- M.Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology
- M.Sc. in allied areas
- M.Tech Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Biotechnology
2 thoughts on “GAT-B 2023 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Center”
DOES IT HAVE ADMISSION FOR MOLECULAR AND HUMAN GENETICS?